Chapter 57

Recap
" where were you, Liam's here " I'm pretty sure she said some other things but those were the only words my ears could pick up all I wanted to do was be there for him so he could cry in my arms.

I walked towards Mr price's room hurriedly leaving my mom where she stood, everyone's attention was drawn to me as soon as I opened the door that's when I saw his beautiful face, his eyes looked red like he had been crying and I suddenly felt glued to the ground.

Present

Four days later  Mr price passed away. everywhere was gloomy like a graveyard, Kayleigh's had become a shadow of her self. Liam hasn't been in the house and all attempts to reach him remain abortive, Mrs Price has remained in her bedroom room refusing to eat. Chris on the other hand has been so active, I guess his coping mechanism is avoidance and burying himself with work, he has been working on the death certificate and funeral arrangements while  I sat in Liam's old room useless with a cup of tea in my hands praying this is one of the nights my husband comes home. He comes sometimes, drunk but at least he makes it back sometimes today feels like one of those nights he wasn't going to make it back. I picked up my phone and checked the time it was three AM which means I had less than four hours to be up and forced my self to drift into sleep.

I woke up earlier than expected and like I thought the other side of the bed remained empty and untouched revealing no one had slept there. I got up and decided to help the workers with a bit of chores I already felt useless I might as well put my self to use.

We made breakfast for the family and took them to their rooms individually has everyone had isolated themselves. Mrs price gave me a small smile when she saw me, she looked thinner, her hair unkempt and her eyes glistened as she had just finished crying.
" you look radiant " she said to me and I wasn't sure if it was good or bad so I nodded my head in response " did liam come home last night " she adds and I shake my head.
" oh, that stupid boy " she exclaims " I guess I haven't been a good example, I know I am meant to be strong for my children and I haven't been, I'm sorry we dragged you into this Kourtney".

" you didn't drag me into anything this is my family now and I want to be here," I say " I want to be here even if it feels like no one wants me here" I whisper and she pulls me into a hug. I sit in her room listening to her talk about her relationship with her husband and what life was like for them growing up in the fifty's.
I felt sleepy and proceeded to take a nap. I work up three hours later, Liam still wasn't here. I checked my phone to see if I had any message and saw a text from Kayleigh " Liam is making a huge scene downstairs, come and get him" it read and was sent over thirty minutes ago.

I put on my slides while I made my way downstairs, from the looks of things whatever happened had dispersed " you missed a lot "Kayleigh announced as she spots me.
" what's your definition of a lot " I ask " erm she just means a couple of punches, a shouting match the usual " Asia replies.

" oh wow, what happened? " I asked while the girls sat on the sofa eating granola bars.

" I don't know where to start from, I suck at storytelling. Well the usual Liam came home drunk at ten AM while Chris was just leaving to go meet the funeral director and was upset and how and I quote  "much of a pussy Liam is being running away from his problems and drinking his life away " which made him upset so he threw a punch at Chris and they continued "

"Oh my God that horrible, why didn't you guys do anything " I exclaim.

" well I called mum and she said they were big boys they can handle a few bruises and Lola doesn't want her kids seeing violence so I texted you cause your the one he would listen to," she says which I find ironic like she's not talking about the man I haven't seen in days.

" so how did you break it up," I ask out of curiosity, " pepper-sprayed both of them " she replies which leaves me in shock.
" your prince charming is in one the guest room, he didn't want to bother you," she says as if reading my mind. I politely excuse. Myself while I go check on him; I didn't know which guest room so I had to go through a few before I found where he slept at, his build filled the bed but I realized he still had his shoes on and processed to help him take it off " I know you're awake "  I said as I unlaced his shoe. I felt him flinch as soon as I touched his leg " you can't help ignoring me forever, you know that right " I add and he remains quiet probably thinking if he kept his charade long enough I would buy it.

" do I look like boo boo the fool to you cause I'm damn sure I'm not stupid " I state.

" I never thought you were stupid " he states sitting up and resting his back on the headboard.
" then why are you doing this? " I ask and he feigns ignorance.

" I'm going through a hard time kourt, I have do this right now" he replies nonchalantly making me furious.

" Are you fucking insane " I yell " so you can go to bars drink and do Gods knows what come home and throw punches acting like you're in fucking sims, news flash bitch you have a life and responsibilities we have a family Liam"

" I don't want to do this anymore kourt I'm just going to drag you down with me," he says and I don't know when my hands react on their own striking his face. He doesn't flinch he just remains seated " we need a break, to think ".

" no you don't " I reply " whatever it is we're doing it together I don't care " I reply.

" I can't do that " he says.

" I'm pregnant " I announced and a shocked look appears on his face " I waited for you to come back from your trip to tell you cause I wanted you to be the first to know but you've been avoiding me " everything feels so overwhelming I don't know when I breakdown and start to cry while he just seats there speechless.

" I can't do this " he announced as he makes his way out of the room slamming the door behind him.

Well, that was awkward🙃 don't forget to vote and comment on what you think also happy new year ❤️.