Chapter 42

Angelique's pov

Today is one of those days where I just want to stay at home , I hadn't showed up to my part time jobs and turned off my phone so no one could reach me .

It was their anniversary today , their death anniversary more like the day we watched them die in a fire , my sister Jessica had been calling for a week we're supposed to go to their graves together and leave flowers to pay our respects but how could I when I'm yet to come to terms with their death.

This week had been an emotional roller coaster I had barely eaten the only thing I could keep down was alcohol that's why I'm here taking shots of tequila in a club on a Sunday morning how ironic .

" you should slow down on your drink " a voice says to me as I take my fifth shot I didn't even bother to check where it came from I wasn't the best person to have conversations with right now .

" beat  it buddy I'm not a damsel in distress " I respond trying to act tough I should have just drank at home but if I did people would be able to find me and that's the opposite of what  I want .

"  okay " then the voice  responds and I continue my drinking . The club was crowded and had so many people dancing but I didn't come here to dance I came to drown my sorrows .

A bunch of men come up to me trying to make conversation and I ignore them till they get the hint and leave . It was five am and I decided it was time to make my way home I still need to show up at church by nine am .

I made my way outside the club and just sat there crying letting out all the tears i had been holding in , I hated crying it made me feel weak and vulnerable and worst of all I looked like Kim k when I cried straight up ugly crying .

A bunch of people walked past giving me my space cause why else would you be crying in a club if it wasn't serious .

" you know sometimes ugly crying is therapeutic " a familiar voice says , it sounded like the guy from the bar but I couldn't care less .

" it honestly is " I reply wiping my tears getting ready to request a cab  till I spot the stranger crouching in front of me with an handkerchief in his hand I accept it and dry my eyes .
He sits next to me for a few more minutes quietly probably sending my discomfort making me speak up " I'm sorry you had to see ugly crying , I don't really do this " I add knowing fully well this is a regular occurrence for me .

" it helps you sleep better and rests your face " he says which I find ridiculous and amusing at the same time , at least he has a sense of humor .

" you're forgetting it also knocks you out " I add and he nods his head .

" yeah the magic of crying " he says .

" aren't you a guy, I thought you guys don't cry to make your self seem cool " I'm more interested in this stranger now .

" how sexist everyone cries from their first day on this damn world " he says .

" hi , I'm Angelique " I say to him stretching out my arm and he shakes  it .

"  Liam " he replies .

" why Angelique " he asks , I've been asked this a lot anytime someone hears my name it really isn't the most common name at least it's better than being named apple .

" it means angelic in French my mom used to say when I born I looked like an angel and she's from France she was an immigrant when she met my dad " .