Chapter 61

It's Monday again and if I seat one more day in this house I may die. I stretch my hand to my bedside table to pick up my phone " 6 AM " the time read and I groan who doesn't love Monday. Things were still weird with Liam, we spoke we did what people in relationships do but then we weren't intimate it was like we were co existing in the same house and I'm not sure who fault is it, was it mine was deep down I know I kinda need sometime or him thinking I need time and is trying to give me space Hmmmn who knows. My tummy starts to grumble so I make my way  to my closet I had a secret stash of junk in one of my drawers cause I was hiding them from Kayleigh and her brother I sit on the floor deciding what to eat first my Reese mini's or Pop Tarts, the Reese candy wins I moan as soon as I pop one in my mouth " oh this taste so good " I could cry.
I sit on the floor eating candy and being excited like it was my first time eating them.
" well we haven't heard that sound in a long time " I hear a voice say, I didn't have to look back to know who it belonged to before I felt a huge figure sit next to me causing me to roll my eyes " can I have some" he asks and I glare at him.
"No, buy your own " I hate sharing my candy so I slide him some Pop Tarts instead he could have those.
"Thanks, you're up early " he says and I just nod my head " yeah I was hungry and had one of those dreams where you are on a toilet seat and want to pee, my bladder has been out of control lately" I sigh.

"Well on the bright side you didn't pee on the bed" he replies and I want to hit him but then I would look too predictable.

"I'm going to work today " I announce, I haven't been to work since the whole family found out I was pregnant and I hated it, I loved my job so staying all day at home listening to Kayleigh speak to her secret boyfriend all day was driving me nuts.
"Why tho?" He asks calmly as he places a Pop Tart in his mouth.

" cause I'm pregnant not a vegetable, plus I'm not even going to start showing yet so no one even knows I'm pregnant it makes no sense being here and if I have to sit at home listening to Kayleigh and jake's loveydovey shit I may loose my shit" I say and all of a sudden his demeanor changes.

" what did you just say?" He asks " wait jake as in my best friend jake " and I realize what I had said so I decide to keep my mouth shut.
" are you fucking kidding me!!!" He yells and walks out the closet and I follow him trying to talk as he made his way down the stairs he was definitely furious so nothing I would say would make things better.
He yells Kayleigh's name across the corridor and she comes out still in her pj's confused as to why her brother was screaming again today
" what is it " she asks and I mouth I'm sorry to her and from her expression she kinda knew what was going to go down.

" you're talking to jake ?" He asks looking her dead in the eye while she looks totally un phased by it " yeah we've been dating for some months " she replies.

" is this a joke, stop playing with me Kayleigh I'm not one of your little friends"

"I'm not gonna have a conversation with you if all you're going to do is yell, I'm an adult I can date who ever I choose even if he happens to be my brothers best friend" she replies.

" you do realize jake is a hoe right for Goodness sake you're still a kid what do you know about dating and of all people jake!! I'm going to kill that motherfucker" he swears.

" well you used to be a hoe and you don't see anyone calling you out for your hoe ways, Liam I am twenty not fifteen but twenty I'm not a child I know what I want and the kind of man I want and jake has just always been there for me I've always had a crush on him but decided to wait till I was 18 and when I finally turned 18 you started dating Angelique and dragged him every where with you now it's my turn deal with it" she says and walks back to her room slamming the door behind her.

" I can't believe this shit " and he finally faces me " you knew and kept it a secret from me, long long have you known " he asks and I ignore him and walk towards Kayleigh's room it's not my place to talk about her relationship I already fucked up now I have to make it up to her.

" hey Kayleigh it's me open up " I say as I knock on her door softly. After a while I hear footsteps and finally the door flings open.

" I'm sorry " were the first words to come out my mouth, cause I truly was and deeply hope she wasn't upset I pull her into a hug and surprisingly she hugs me back.

"So how did he find out?" She asks.

" it mistakenly slipped while we were talking" I reply and she just nods her head " I'm sorry"

" to be honest I know I'm supposed to be mad but I'm not it was bound to come out sooner or later and if it was left to me he would never find out but I guess now he knows"

" regardless I know you're close to Liam and I'm sorry "

We sit down while she talks about her relationship with jake and I see how happy he makes her and promise to talk to Liam about it. By the time I get back to the room Liam is gonna and I know this cause there's a wet towel on the chair, he knows how much I hate that but I ignore it.

I show up to work by 8:30 and take the back as usual to avoid conversations cause I wasn't in the mood for talking that day, I had so many emails and decided to sort them out and work on my business "once it was lunch lunch I was going to see Liam " I said to my self. Lunch came and apparently I was still swarmed with work apparently that's what happens when you haven't been to work in a while I was hungry but I know if I stood up it was going to take the Grace of God to get me to do my work.
I hear a knock on my door " come in " I yell at the closed door.Liam walks in wearing a blue suit which looked so good on him " hey " he says and drops a paper bag on my table " your assistant said you hadn't had lunch when I asked and I kinda need my baby to stay healthy " I was about to blush when he adds " I mean the actual baby not you " .

How sway Liam,how sway I wonder how long he was going to stay mad at this. I stood up from my desk and went to where he stood cupping his face in my palm " you've really got to stop loosing your temper all the time you'll have a high blood pressure and never get to raise our kids"  and he rolls his eyes at me " joe won't I have a high blood pressure when all the women in my life are driving me crazy, I can't believe of all the people Kayleigh decides to date it's jake ???? "

" you do realize she's an adult babe"

" to you she's an adult to me that's my baby sister I was there when she was born kourt and so was he we changed he diapers " he hits hims hand on one of the shelves " I can't believe he would do this to me I don't want him to break her heart"

" what makes you think he would tho " I ask.

" cause I know him, he just fucks and dumps"

" how classy " I roll my eyes " look she likes or loves him I don't know so let's just not interfere please Liam we have our own problems to sort out and I don't want Kayleigh to hate you"

"I don't care when I see him I'm still going to smash his face in" he replies .

"So what did you get me I ask" as I wrap my arms around him , he grumbles something incoherently and I don't bother to catch it.

" Black-and-White Pici Pasta with Squid and Shellfish ordered it from that seafood place you like" he says and I open the big bag to smell the food.

" oh my days I already know this is going to taste so good" I squeal.
" hey, are we good ?" He asks and I nod my head " I guess we're just talking things slowly" I reply .

" sadly I don't like slow" were the last words my senses could comprehend before I felt his lips on mine.