"Why are you so smiley?" Antonio ask, snapping me out of my daze.

"Oh, no reason. I missed you, that's all." I answer.

Dina giggles. "You see us almost everyday." I shrug.

Seconds later, Jennifer emerges in the doorway, alerting us that dinner is ready. We all stand making our way towards the large dining room, and settling into various chairs. I smile as I set myself in an empty chair across from Dina and Antonio. Luke places himself next to me, leaning close and causing me to stiffen slightly. However I smile and keep my composure. My efforts are quickly shattered as another person wanders into the dining room and settles into the chair beside me.

"Well, look who it is." My entire body runs cold at the voice of the person beside me. I dig my nails into my palms and take a couple of breaths.

"Mark, how have you been?" I try to keep my voice as steady and friendly as possible.

"Good. I can't complain. And how is life with the brat?" He shoots back.

My pulse quickens as he refers to Jason as a brat, but I remain calm, reminded of what happened last time I tried to challenge him. "Fine. We're very happy together." It's then that I notice the brunette clinging tightly to Mark's arm and glancing at me with curiosity. "Who's this?" I smile at her.

"This is my girlfriend, Cindy." Mark introduces the woman, then turns to her, his eyes switching from hatred to adoration.

I role my eyes as he kisses her. I knew he had to be lying when he said Aunt Kathleen would be the only woman he ever loved. He never loved her.

"Nice to meet you." I extend a hand towards Cindy as the two of them return their attention to me. She takes it with apprehension.

I turn away from them, wanting to be done with Mark for the rest of the night. I notice Dina sending me a sympathetic smile from across the table.

"I'm sorry." She mouths, and I shake my head, telling her not to worry.

"Alright, welcome friends and family. We are so happy to have you here tonight. We are excited to be joined by new faces, and we hope to make them feel welcomed and happy to be here." Jennifer smiles, rising out of her chair. "I propose a toast. To friends and family." She laughs, extending her wine glass to the ceiling.

"To friends and family!" We all recite, lifting our own glasses, then taking a swig.

As dinner is passed around, I get to know Mr. and Mrs.McClair as well as Mrs.McClair's mother and father, who joined the family to help them make a smooth move to Gotham.

"Green hair. That's such a bold choice." Beatrice, Mrs.McClair's mother, notes, motioning towards the top of my head.

I giggle, having already heard that statement multiple times. "It's for my father. I only knew of him while growing up, and when I was younger, I believed that dying my hair would somehow connect me to him." I explain.

"You've never met your dad?" Kit ask, astonished by my confession.

"No, I have. I met him for the first time two years ago." I say.

"And I'm sure you two are closer than ever." Mrs.McClair smiles.

Mark snorts from beside me, earning a glare from Jennifer and Dina. I bite my lip, averting my eyes.

"Well, not exactly. My father and I are at odds, we always will be. But my hair color has come to be one of my distinctive and defining characteristics. It's more for me now than for him." I explain.