Chapter 10

"Are you sure you're alright, babe?" Jason asks as I feel him settle beside me. I hear the clink of glass as he sets a glass of water down on the bathroom floor.

I gingerly lift my head off the toilet seat, whimpering at the aching pulse that squeezes my brain. I turn to Jason with a grimace on my face, and his eyes instantly fill with sympathy. He sets a light hand on the side of my face, and I lean into his cold palm.

"I'm fine. Sorry, I woke you." I say quietly, reaching back to retrieve the water.

"Oh, no, don't be sorry. It's my job to take care of you. In sickness and in health, remember?" He smiles.

I give him a weak smile in return, then lift the glass to my lips, taking a sip of refreshing water.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"4:00." Jason states before letting out a small yawn. His eyes grow cloudy with sleep.

I duck my head, feeling guilty for disrupting Jason's much needed rest. It was around 3:15 when I woke to a shattering migraine. I had tossed and turned, suffering in silence for around 30 minutes. Eventually, the pain became too unbearable as it spread throughout my entire body. It begin strangling my stomach, making me extremely nauseous. At 3:45, I found myself sprinting towards the bathroom, throwing myself onto my knees in front of the toilet, and violently dry heaving. Jason was beside me instantly, no doubt awoken by my urgent scramble out of bed. I sat gagging for about 10 minutes, but nothing made an appearance. Finally, I gave up, my body aching with exhaustion, and rested my head against my arms atop the toilet bowl.

"No, no, it's ok, darling. Don't worry about me." Jason reaches for me, pulling me into his chest.

I sniffle as guilty tears fill my eyes. My arm reaches up to snake around Jason's neck, pulling him closer to me.

"Don't cry, it's ok." He whispers soothingly. He pecks my cheek. "Come on, let's get you back to bed."

Jason stands, picking me up bridal style, walking carefully back into the bedroom. He sets me lightly in bed, then heads back into the bathroom to grab my water. He re-emerges with the water and some medicine for my migraine. I take the pill, washing it down with a gulp of water, then bury myself beneath the covers.

"Better?" Jason ask.

"A little." I nod quietly.

He smiles, then crawls into bed beside me.
He wraps his arms around my torso, bringing his hands to settle on my stomach. He begins running his thumb up a down the material of my pajamas. The action brings a smile to my face. Jason drifts off not knowing that he cradles not one but two people. He doesn't know that his hands are currently situated over where his child rest, growing safely.

"Hm, goodnight, love. Sleep well. I love you." Jason mumbles sleepy.

"I love you, too." I reply lazily.

I slip into my own state of sleep.

————Time Skip————

My eyes blink lazily open. I sit up with a sigh and a smile. My head no longer pulses and my stomach has settled. I place a hand on my stomach.

"You're not going to make this easy, are you?" I tease.

I look beside me to see if Jason is still asleep, yet I'm met with empty space. My eyebrows fuse in confusion. I don't have long to ponder where he could be as my door opens seconds later, and Aunt Sel steps into the room.

"Oh, you're up. Good." She smiles, placing herself next to me on the bed. "Jason said you woke up sick in the middle of the night. Are you feeling any better?"