Chapter 1

Two Years Later
8:30 am; Wayne Manor

The light kisses trailing my shoulder blade cause my right eye to fly open, and my teeth to dig into my lower lip, suppressing my giggles.

"I know you're awake, Mrs.Todd." A husky voice whispers in my ear, and it takes everything in me not to squirm under its hot breath.

I stiffen slightly as a cold hand runs up my thigh, then stops to squeeze my hip. I yelp as Jason fingers dig into my skin, then turn to face him.

"Why can't you just let me sleep in?" I huff in fake annoyance.

"Because I get bored." He pouts.

I let out a groan, then bury myself in Jason's chest, finding warmth in his embrace. I snuggle into him, my eyes beginning to shut once again. I jolt back awake as Jason's and my bedroom door is flung open and an urgent voice pleads with us to get up.

"Get up! The appointment was moved up 2 whole hours. We need to leave in less than an hour to be across town for the final fittings. Hurry up, get dressed, and then I need you two to go pick up Babs and Damian from GA."

I raise my head, looking to find a frazzled Stephanie Brown standing in the doorway. Jason turns to look at her as well and quickly tries to ease her as I sit up and stretch. I walk towards Stephanie, placing a comforting pair of hands on her shoulders.

"Steph, it's ok, no panic. How about you go get everyone else up, and Jason and I will get ready so we can pick up Barbara and Damian. But you need to calm down. You're more stressed out than the bride!"

"That's because Kody doesn't worry about this stuff, so someone has to do it for her." Stephanie responds, her tone making it evident that I should already know this.

"Just take a breath." I sigh, pushing her out the door. I shut it behind her, then turn to Jay. He raises an eyebrow.

I shake my head with a small laugh, then walk towards the closet.

"God, was it this stressful when we were getting married?" I ask, rummaging through the closet for necessities to shower.

"No idea." Jason replies.

I step out of the closet with my things in hand, prepared to take a quick shower.

"Oh, come on." Jason groans right before I disappear behind the door. "We don't have to get up right now. Come cuddle with me for just a little bit longer." Jason pouts, extending his arms to me.

I laugh, setting my things on the bathroom counter, then heading to Jason's extended arms. I lean down, my face stopping mere inches away from his. I capture his lips in a sweet kiss, pulling away with one final peck.

"Get up." I whisper in his face, backing away and heading for the bathroom.

"Wait, you're just going to leave me with that!" He exclaims. "What a tease."

"It's what I do." I laugh, and Jason frowns at me. "I love you, too. Now, get up."

And with that, I vanish behind the bathroom door.

————Time Skip—————

"This will only take a moment." I promise as I shut the car door and begin to make my way into my old school.

Part of me breathes a sigh of relief walking through the familiar doors while another part me tenses. Gotham Academy is responsible for a lot of good memories and a lot of bad ones. As I walk through the halls, I try my best to only think of the good ones. I walk up and down the familiar corridors as I make my way towards my destination. Multiple students stop to look and whisper about me, some in awe, some in annoyance, others in panic, but I ignore them and continue on my way.