Chapter 4

Back to Lucy's POV

"What the hell are you doing here?" Kody demands, her fist clenched in tight balls, her knuckles turning white.

"Kody, calm down." Dick soothes, heading towards her and wrapping her in a comforting embrace.

"No! First, I want to know why the fuck they're here! They have no right!" She shakes free of Dick and marches towards her parents.

"Oh, Kordelia, my darling, look at you!" The dark haired women, who must be her mother, exclaims. She reaches for her daughter, but Kody quickly dodges.

"Sweetheart, we've missed you more than words can say." Her father smiles.

"You kicked me out. You don't get to say you missed me." Kody snaps.

"Right," her mother ducks her head in what appears to be shame, "Kordelia, my love, we are so sorry. After everything with your brother, we felt you'd be better off away from us."

"So you kicked me out? Forced me to live on the street and fend for myself? You really thought that would be better for me!? I nearly died!" Kody screams.

"Kordelia, dear, we are so sorry. And we are here today to try and make up for what we did. We want to be better parents, love." Her father extends a hand towards his daughter, but she swats it away.

"Pumpkin, please, we're trying. Look, we even brought your brother and sister to meet you." Her father smiles as he and his wife part slightly, exposing two children about the age of fourteen or fifteen.

At this, Kody's face goes soft, and her fist fall limp. She along with the rest of us all fall back in shock. We stare at the two children, with their light brown hair and hazel eyes. They look almost like Kody but, based on what I've been told, I know they look more like Ben. The two of them look warily at their older sister, and she looks warily back at them.

"Kordelia, meet your sister, Melody and your brother, Marcus." Her mother introduces the two.

"You had more children?" Kody ask, her gaze still locked on her new siblings.

"We did. But believe us when we say that they have never replaced you. You still mean everything to us." Her mother says.

"Just tell me why you're here." Kody orders. Her eyes returning to her parents.

"Like we said, baby, we're here so that we can try and be better to you. We miss our little girl." Her father smiles. "We want to invite you to a party that our company is hosting. We'd re-introduce you to everyone as our daughter."

"And you are welcome to bring two guest of your choosing." Her mother adds.

Kody scoffs. "Maybe if you made your bullshit apology a little sappier, I would agree, but I'm not buying any of it. Therefore, I'm going to give you ten seconds to get the fuck out of this house before I throw you out."

Her parents stand frozen with shock and some other emotion plastered on both of their faces. They send their eldest daughter one last hopeful glance before collecting Marcus and Melody and heading for the door.

"Think about, Kordelia. We've left our number. If you decide that you would like to attend, give us a call." Her mother smiles, then ushers her family out the door and towards the exit.

We all stand silent, too stunned to say anything. It's not until we hear an exasperated scream and sharp sob that we snap out of our dazes.

"Kody." Dick instantly rushes to her, throwing his arms around her shaking frame, and using his fingers to brush away the angry tears that flow down her face. "It's ok, baby. It's ok."