Chapter 8

Back to Lucy's POV

I let out a small sigh as I rise from my position in bed. I stretch my arms high above my head before rubbing the sleep from eyes. I look around my sun splashed bedroom suite, noticing that my husband isn't present. A small smile spreads across my lips as I'm suddenly aware of the smell of pancakes and coffee. I crawl out of bed, reaching down to grab my husband's dress shirt from the night before. I pull it on, buttoning the buttons carefully before tip-toeing around other pieces of discarded clothing and making my way to the kitchen.

I walk quietly into the kitchen, making sure not to startle Jason. He stands, sprinkling a handful of blueberries onto the pancakes, his face focused.

"Good morning." I whisper, my arms snaking around his waist, and my head resting between his shoulder blades.

"Morning, beautiful. How did you sleep?" Jason ask.

"Perfectly." I mumble into his bare back.

He hums in response. "Good. Now, why don't you go sit on the balcony, and I'll bring you breakfast."

I pull away from Jason with a nod. I walk silently towards the large glass doors leading to the suite's balcony. I step into the warm sunlight, breathing in the fresh ocean air. The large blue ocean stretches for miles, telling me that we left land sometime last night. I plant myself in one of the soft, plush chairs, leaning back and relaxing in the sun.

Jason emerges minutes later with two plates stacked with blueberry pancakes and two mugs of steaming hot coffee. He smiles proudly as he hands me a plate of food and a mug. He lowers himself into the seat across from me, and we sit in a satisfied silence while we eat.

"What are you going to do now that the wedding is over?" Jason ask, taking a swig of coffee.

I push my empty plate away from me, scooping up my own mug of the hot liquid.

"No idea." I respond. "Dina's been complaining about how Gotham Academy is due for some restorations. Maybe I'll put some funding towards that."

Jason nods. "Life does get a little boring when we don't have something big going on, doesn't it?"

"Life with you is never boring." I tease.

He chuckles before standing and clearing our dirty dishes. I follow him back into our cruise suite, helping him clean.

Afterwards, I head for the bedroom, taking a quick shower before dressing in shorts and a blouse. I run my hairbrush through my damp hair as Jason walks into the bathroom, reaching for his razor and shaving cream. I finish brushing my hair into a ponytail, then lean over to give Jason a quick peck on the cheek, careful to avoid getting shaving cream on my face.

"I'm going to meet Dina and Antonio on the top deck, but I'll see you later on for lunch." I say as I make my way out the door.

"I'll see you later. I love you." Jason responds.

"I love you, too." I call, slipping out of the room.

I walk silently through the lavish halls of the luxury cruise ship. I smile as I run my hands along the smooth, polished wall. The ship is in a state of peace and silence as everyone continues to recuperate from the wedding events that took place a few short days ago.

I'm so lost in thought I hardly notice the hurried footsteps coming up behind me.

"Auntie Lucy!" A small voice exclaims as a smaller body collides with my legs.

I stumble slightly before regaining my balance and leaning down to pick up my four year old goddaughter.

"Good morning, Star Lily." I giggle, using Luna's middle name and her mother's alias to address her. She giggles, snuggling into me.