I reach out to her and touch her cheek. It is still soft like it always was, but it's not feeling warm at all. It feels cold and... lifeless...

I move my hand to her eyes and close them. A tear leaves my eye when I touch her hair. It's still soft. I know she put something in it this morning, like she always does. Just a little cream to make it feel soft and make it smell nice.

Stefan kneels down beside me. "Let's bring her home, okay?" He suggests. I nod and want to lift her up, but Stefan stops me. "Just let me," he says.

My first intention is to fight him. I can carry my own girl! But he is right. I can't do that right now. I feel weak and I think I will start to break down the second I hold her lifeless body in my arms.

So, I move over and let Stefan lift her up. He stands up and let Abby lay in his arms. Her arm dangles down, but I grab it and put it on her body. It looks like she just sleeps in his arms. Nothing bad.

Stefan and I walk out of the building. We hear everyone cry and when we arrive back to the car, that is exactly what is going on. When Elena and Jenna see Abby, they jump up, only to cry even more.

"No! Please no!" Jenna cries. Elena falls on her knees and covers her face with her hands. "This isn't happening," she cries. I look over to Stefan. He nods towards Elena. I know he wants to help her, but he is holding my girl. So I just have to help his.

I walk over to Elena and put my hand on her shoulder. "We will find a way to bring her back," I tell her. Elena looks up at me and stands up. She wraps her arms around me and holds me tight. "I can't lose her, Damon," she tells me. "Me neither," I tell her.

Half an hour later, I sit in Abby's room. We put Abby on her bed. It just looks like she is asleep. Except that I don't hear a heartbeat.

I hold her hand with both hands and wait. Everyone else is downstairs trying to explain to Jenna what is going on. Too bad Alaric made her take Vervain every day, so we can't compel her to forget. Jenna doesn't understand a single thing about it and is freaking out.

So I decided to get out of that mess and come back to my own mess. The mess that I still haven't found a way to stop. We immediately called Bonnie on our way here, begging her to find a spell to save Abby. She promised us to do her best, what can only mean there is none.

I know Bonnie well enough to know she is not capable of telling her friend there is no way to save Abby. She rather tells her she will do her best.

I stare at the beautiful girl in front of me. I really hope my blood will save her. I have no idea if it will, but it is the only chance we have.

I hear the front door open. I stay completely silent to hear who just walked in. "Hey..." I hear a familiar voice say, Bonnie. I feel some kind of rush go through my body. I look at Abby and squeeze her hand a little bit.

"I keep my promise," I tell her. I let go of her hand and let my fingers go through her hair. I lean in and kiss her head. "I promise," I tell her and walk out of her room.

I run downstairs and see Bonnie in the living room. Everybody looks up when I walk in. "What did you find?" I ask Bonnie. Bonnie looks at me and sighs. She looks around the room and looks down at her hands.

"There is no spell to bring her back, I'm sorry," Bonnie says. I hear Jenna, Jeremy and Elena burst into tears all over again, but I try to hold it all in. "Are you sure?" I ask her. Bonnie turns around to me and nods. "There is no way I can bring her back," she says. I can see in her eyes she really tried to find a spell. I bet she even cried when she realised there was none.

"There is still hope," I tell everyone, "I gave Abby my blood. It will get in her system and bring her back." Stefan puts his hand on my shoulder. "Damon..." he starts. "No! It will save her! I am not letting her go that easily," I tell him.