Forty-One

Damon

I walk downstairs, but fastly check my hair in the mirror. It looks not as bad as I thought it would look. I hear the shower running, what makes me smile. I was scared Abby wanted to leave, but luckily she agreed to stay.

When I get downstairs, I find Elena and Stefan in the kitchen. Elena is sitting on the kitchen counter and Stefan is standing in front of her. Stefan's hands are on Elena's back and Elena's are in Stefans hair. Looking at the way they kiss each other, I can tell they didn't hear me coming.

"Good morning to you too," I tell them. They both scare and move away from each other. I laugh and walk past them, to the fridge. "Hi Damon," Stefan says. I smile at him, "hi." Then I look at Elena. Her brown long hair is straight and her cheeks glow from shame. "Damon," she just says. I smile at her, grab some milk from the fridge and walk over to the table.

"So, what are you doing here?" I ask them. "I live here, remember?" Stefan asks. "Elena doesn't," I tell him, "do you?" I look at Elena, pretending to be surprised. "Cause this man-house could use a woman," I joke. Elena rolls her eyes at me, "no, Damon, I don't live here and I won't."

I look at Stefan, "auch." Stefan rolls his eyes too and walks over to Elena. He puts his arm around her. "You won't understand, but I won't let my girlfriend move into a house where she has to live with my brother," Stefan says. "Why not? I am so much fun!" I say and jiggle with my eyebrows.

Elena rolls her eyes again. "You will understand when you have a girlfriend yourself," Stefan says. I have to stop myself from telling them about Abby. It's funny that they actually think I can't be with a girl, when Abby is litterally upstairs, right now.

"Speaking of, who is in the shower?" Stefan asks. My eyes go big, did I say that out loud? "Just my girl," I tell them. I feel a smile grow on my lips. My heart skips a beat and I feel a warm feeling taking over my body. Damn, it feels good to say that out loud.

Stefan and Elena, on the other hand, look at me like I just told them I could fly. "Your girl?" Elena asks, kind of worried. I nod proudly, "yep. You don't wanna know what kind of night I had last night." I grin proudly, while Elena looks away.

"Right, so your one night stand is still in the house?" Stefan asks. "Do you still think I can't be with a girl longer than one night?" I ask him, genuenly curious. "Yes, normally they won't even stay the whole night and leave because you are that bad," Stefan says. He smiles proudly. Elena laughs with him.

"Isn't it normally like ten minutes sex and then they leave?" Elena jokes, pouring fuel on the fire. I narrow my eyes, man I would love to spill the fact that Abby is here, but I can't. Abby doesn't want them to know. I get it, but I just don't care who knows. Still, I keep my mouth shut.

What makes Elena and Stefan even laugh more. "Is it even ten minutes? I thought you were done by five?" Stefan asks. I put on my best fake smile. "Laugh as much as you want. That girl up there is my girl and she is here to stay," I tell them.

They both stop laughing and look at me like I told them I could fly, again. "How stupid is that girl?" Elena asks. Auch, I am glad Abby couldn't hear that. "She is not stupid, for your information. But who knows, maybe you'll meet her one day," I tell them. Stefan crosses his arms, "really? You think it will last that long?"

I nod with a proud smile, but then Stefan looks at me, fully paniced. "Did you compel her?!" He asks, like he already knows the answer. Elena gets scared too. "Damon, you can't do that!" She says. I roll my eyes. "The fact that you actually think that, hurts me, you know?" I tell them.

"It's what you did with Caroline," Stefan points out. Auch, true. "Well, this is different! No compultion," I tell them. They look at each other and I see they are doubtful, but they stay quiet.