Thirty-Two

Abby

The next day, I walk into the kitchen and I am welcomed by the amazing smell of fresh bread. I smile when I see Alaric, Jenna, Jeremy and Elena standing in the kitchen.

"Good morning," I greet them. "Good morning," they all say. I take a seat at the kitchen table and they all join me. "What are your plans for this weekend?" Alaric asks me. "I think just hang out, do some homework for school and watch a movie," I tell him.

"Did you tell her, yet?" Jeremy asks, looking at Elena. "Tell me what?" I ask him, getting curious. "You are home alone this weekend," he says. My eyes go big and a smile grows on my lips. "Where is everyone going?" I ask them.

"Well, Ric and I are going away for the weekend, like we planned weeks ago," Jenna says, smiling at Alaric. "Stefan and I are visiting our grandparents this weekend," Elena says. "And I am staying over at a friend's house," Jeremy says.

I laugh, "how sweet of you, leaving me behind." "But you are allowed to invite over some friends, so you don't have to be alone," Elena says. My heart starts pounding a bit quicker. "Maybe I can invite Damon over," I tell them.

A whole weekend alone with Damon? I wouldn't say no to that!

"We thought about Emma or Macy, actually," Elena says. I smile, "yes, well they both have a busy weekend. At least that's what they told me." Jeremy, Elena, Alaric and Jenna look at each other with a doubtful look on their faces.

I sigh, "why is everyone so worried about him?" "You know what, why don't I just stay home?" Jeremy asks. My jaw drops. He can't be serious! But when I look at him, his eyes are playful and he starts to laugh.

"Kidding, if you want to spend your weekend with Damon, I wouldn't do that even if my life would depend on it, but fine, go spend your weekend with Damon," Jeremy says. I smile big, "thanks Jer!"

So an hour later, I am on the phone with Damon. "Sure, I will clear my schedule for the weekend just because otherwise you are all alone," Damon jokes. "Really, you had plans for this weekend?" I joke. Damon starts to laugh. "Don't talk like that, young lady!" Damon laughs. We both laugh for a moment.

"So what time are you coming over?" I ask him. Damon laughs, "what time are you coming over?" I roll my eyes, "Damon..." "I am not even kidding! We are not staying at your house." He says. I want to argue with him again, but he is right. Why not just stay over at his house?

That afternoon, Jeremy drops me off at Damon's house. "Have a great weekend, sis!" He says. I smile wide, "you too, bro!" I get out of the car and walk towards the front door. Before I can even knock, the door opens and Damon appears in the door opening. "Well, hello," he says. He takes a step aside and lets me in.

I walk inside and put my bag on the floor. Damon closes the door behind me and follows me. "So, since the last movie we saw was really boring," he starts, but I stop him. "You didn't even try to follow it and we didn't even make it till the end, which is the best part," I smile. Damon laughs, "as I was saying, the last movie we saw was bad, so I figured I owed you a good movie."

I laugh and cross my arms, "so what is a good movie, according to you?" Damon grins, turns around and grabs the DVD from the table. When I see what movie he is holding, I start to laugh. "Star Wars? Really?" I ask him. Damon nods, "or have you seen it already?" I shake my head, "I haven't." Damon smiles wide, "so, let's change that!"

So that is exactly what we did. Damon puts the movie in the DVD-player and we both take a seat at the couch. Damon lays down, so there is no space left for me. I look over to the other couch, but I am not feeling like laying all the way over there...