Forty-Three

Damon

I walk out of my bedroom. Why did someone had to spill a drink all over my shirt within the first hour of the party?

I walk downstairs and find Elena, Bonnie, Caroline and Stefan. I grab a drink and walk towards them. "What a party, am I right?" I ask them. The music they play is a lot different than the music I listened to when I was their age. But luckily, I am used to it.

"I take that as a complement," Caroline says proudly. I smile at her and take a sip from my drink. "It is, Blondie," I say. Caroline smiles wide and takes a sip as well.

After a few minutes, I realise I haven't seen Abby in a while. A few minutes ago, she was standing with Emma and Macy. I didn't want to interrupt them, so I stayed away, but now I can't find any of them anywhere.

I walk over to Elena, who stands with Caroline. "Hey, do you know where Abby is?" I ask her. Elena and Caroline turn around to me and smile like crazy people.

"What?" I ask, getting suspicious. "Abby is talking to Luke," she says. "Who is Luke?" I ask her. "Luke is her ultimate crush!"

Luke is her what?!

Elena and Caroline point in a direction and when I look I see Abby talking to a brown haired guy. They both smile and seem really happy. My eyes look for Abby's, but they are only focused on Luke.

Abby is wearing a golden, short dress with black heels. Her hair is a bit curled and her eyes are even more beautiful with the mascara she put on. Not that she needs it, but it's cute that she thinks she does.

My eyes go back to the dress. That dress... She looks so good in it! I mean, I prefer her without it, but damn...

When she starts to laugh, I feel the anger and jealousy burning underneath my skin. Why is she talking to her, so called, ultimate crush? And why does she do it when she looks this hot?

Caroline catches me staring and I bet she sees the anger in my eyes. "Why that look, Damon? Be happy for her!" Caroline says like it's the cure for cancer.

"Yes, she is been crushing on him for ages! And now he is finally interested in her too!" Elena says. I pull my eyes away from Abby and look at Elena. "So, you're saying that this Luke guy is the guy that broke her heart?" I ask her.

Elena doesn't seem to understand what I am talking about. "You mean, lately?" She asks. "No, at the night of the car accident," I explain. Elena smiles, "yes, that was Luke, but look at them now! They are happy together!"

I roll my eyes and finish my drink. "Not for long," I tell them. I want to walk towards Abby, but Caroline stops me. She stands in front of me and looks angry.

"Don't you dare go near them," she warns. "Or what? I am stronger than you, blondie. You don't stand a chance," I tell her. "Damon, why can't you just let Abby be happy?" Elena asks.

"I want her to be happy," I say honestly. I do want Abby to be happy, but I want her to be happy with me. "This is the guy that broke her heart! He doesn't deserve a second chance!" I tell them.

Elena sighs, "that's not your call to make." "Well, I am her friend and I know that he is not right for her. So I am gonna do what's best for her," I tell them.

Very easily, I pull Caroline aside and walk past her. I walk towards Abby and Luke, who don't see me coming because they are having too much fun talking.

I put my hand on Abby's shoulder and she looks up to me. "Hey," she says. I expected her to look caught, but she doesn't. "Hey, can I talk to you?" I ask her, pretending Luke isn't there.