Twelve

Abby

The next day, I wake up with the sweet sound of the shower. It takes me a moment to realize I am not in my own bed, in my own house, but in a motel with Elena, running from Damon.

I get up and walk towards the window. I open the curtains and welcome the nice and warm sun on my skin. "Abby?" Elena calls from the bathroom. "Good morning!" I say back. The door opens and Elena's head appears. "Are you okay?" she asks. I nod, "yes, why?"

Elena sighs, "I was scared Damon was here or something." I shake my head, "nope, it's just me." Elena smiles again, "great. Good morning." She disappears again and closes the door.

A few minutes later the door opens again. Elena walks back into the room with wet hair and a towel around her body. "Did you talk to Stefan yet?" I ask her. "I did. He is on his way here. Damon is still in Mystic Falls," she says. "He isn't gonna follow Stefan, is he?" I ask scared.

Elena smiles and shakes her head, "Stefan will make sure he won't." I smile back to her. "Now, why don't you take a shower. I will get us some breakfast," she says. I smile and nod, "great idea!" I walk towards the bathroom, but when I pass her, I stop for a moment. "You know, I kind of like this. Just us, two girls," I tell her. Elena grins, "we should do this more often." I nod in agreement, "we should."

About thirty minutes later, I walk out of the bathroom again. My hair is still wet, but I am fully clothed and starving. Luckily, when I walk back into the bedroom, the smell of fresh eggs welcomes me.

"So, it turns out, this motel has a sweet guy who loves to make breakfast if you just ask nicely," Elena says. I smile, "lucky us!" On the small coffee table are two lovely plates filled with eggs, bacon and a toast. "How nice of him!" I smile when I take a plate and take a seat on my bed. "It was really nice of him," Elena says, proudly.

"I forgot to say it yesterday, because of the rush, but I really like your hair this way," I tell her. Elena smiles and takes her hand through her curls. "Thank you! I like it too! I don't know why I don't do that more often," she says. "You should," I smile.

When we both finished our plates and our bellies are full, Elena grabs her phone. "Okay, so Stefan is nearby, he just can't find the right place," Elena says. I laugh, "he can't really read a map, can he?" Elena laughs with me, "no, he can't."

"So, I will pick him up. Just stay inside, don't open the door for anyone but me. Not even if you think it's Stefan. Only me, okay? I will nock four times in a row, okay?" She asks. I nod, "I will wait for you to nock."

Elena leaves and I lock the door after her. After a few minutes, I am bored. I start to search around in the room. Why couldn't we get a room with a tv? That would've been so much easier! My eye catches something shining from Elena's side of the room. I walk towards it and see it's my own phone.

I thought Elena would take it with her, clearly I was wrong. I grab it and see Jeremy has called over ten times. Is he actually worried or did Damon get his hands on his phone? I unlock my phone and see I've got a lot of texts too.

Jeremy: Abby, I need you to call me back the first second you see this! It's urgent!

Good try, Damon! I am not falling for that.

Stefan: Hey Abby, it's Stefan. Please call me as soon as you see this.

I get confused, but then I realize he must've send it when he couldn't find this hotel. I guess he couldn't reach Elena or something.

Emma: Hey Ab! So, Caroline told me to tell you to tell me where you are. Everyone is really worried about you... Please call somebody!

Really Damon? Don't you have any other tricks? I am not falling for this. But then I realize Emma send it to me... Did Damon hurt Emma? I don't know what I will do if he really did hurt her... I will definitely tell the sheriff! He is not gonna get away with this!

A small nock on the door brings me back in reality. I stay quiet. Elena would nock four times... Who is this on this door? I want to ask, but I figure I shouldn't say anything at all. If it's really Damon, he can't know I am in here!

Again, a nock on the door. "Abby?" I hear the voice of Damon say. My heart stops and all my nerves are shaking. Damon is here!

I grab my phone again and search for Elena's number.

Me: Damon is here! Please be careful!

"Abby? Is that you?" Damon asks. My breathing has quicken. I put my hand on my mouth and try to breath as soft as I can. "Abby, answer me!" He says, a little louder this time. I stay quiet and try not to move.

Then I hear a ringtone. I look at my phone, but it isn't mine. Then I hear a soft click. "Hey," I hear Damon say. Was that Damon's phone?

"What? Slow down! Is she in here?" he asks. My heart stops, again. How does he know that?! "Yes, I will call you when I get her," he says. Then I hear a soft click again. Who is he working with?!

"Abby! I know you can hear me. I know you are in here. I will kick this door in, so stand back!" He says. I start to freak out. HE IS GONNA KICK THE DOOR IN! I don't know what to do. I don't have another way out.

Then I see the bathroom. I stand up and run for it as fast as I can. I close the door behind me and lock it. I go stand as far away from the door as possible, which is only like six feet, or something. I wanna grab my phone and text Elena again, but I can't find it. It was here just a second ago!

I look around in the bathroom, but I can't find it. I dropped it! It's still in the other room! I wanna slap myself right now. That was my one chance of getting out of here safely! My heart beats a little faster. Maybe I can go get it and run back to the bathroom?

"I will kick this door in in three seconds! One..." Damon says. Without thinking another second, I open the bathroom door. I see my phone laying on the ground about seven feet away from me.

"Two..." Damon counts. I don't waste another second and run for it.

"One..." I grab my phone and turn back around to the bathroom. Just before I start to run back, I hear woods cracking. Without wasting any time, I run towards the bathroom. I get in safely and close the door behind me...

But it won't close... Something is blocking it... When I look up, I see Damon's hand on the door, not letting me close it for the last few inches. My heart is screaming of fear and my muscles are shaking. Still I try to push against the door. If I can't close it, Damon wins.

With all the strength I have inside of me, I try to close it. But I can't. Damon is too strong.

When the last piece of strength is leaving my body. I run away from the door. My back hits the bathroom wall. Scared for what's coming, I stand there. Knowing I have no chance against Damon.

A part of me is still hoping Elena and Stefan will come in any second. But even if they would, will they be able to safe me from Damon? Damon is less than five foot away from me... They won't be able to help me anymore...

He won... Damon won...