Sixty-Three

Damon

I slowly open my eyes. I feel all my muscles burn when I try to move. I lay on the ground and roll over to lay on my back. I look around, but the only thing I see... is bars... Oh no...

"Good morning," I hear from beside me. I turn around and see doctor Martin. He stands on the other side of the bars and smiles proudly. "Good to see you again, Damon," he smiles. I groan and try to stand up. My body is still a bit weak, but I am able to stand up.

"Wish I could say the same," I tell him. He just smiles, "so sad you didn't bring Abby along with you. I would love to see her again." Within a split second I get angry. I walk to the bars close to him and look him in the eye. I feel my body starts to shake and my sight is getting red.

"Don't you dare say a single word about her," I tell him. He just laughs, "I make the rules here, Damon. I thought you'd know that by now." I keep staring at him. "What do you want?" I ask him. He better get it over with.

"Well, last time I only did tests on Abby. Now, she is not a vampire anymore, so it is not interested to test on her anymore," he says. I roll my eyes. I still don't understand how this guy thinks Abby was ever a vampire.

"So now I will do tests on you," he says. I sigh and roll my eyes. "Try me," I tell him. He laughs, "don't challenge me, Damon." I look at him. "I can easily kill you," I tell him. "And you don't think I can kill you?" he asks, "do you really think I don't have one single steak of wood in here? Or what about a bucket of Vervain?"

I keep looking at him, but I don't say a word. He got me inside of this cell, so I guess he knows how to fight a vampire...

He walks towards me. I try to reach out to him and grab him, but he easily puts a needle in my arm and injects me with Vervain. I sigh annoyed, why can't I just kill this man?

My body starts to get weak again. I try to fight it and to keep standing up, but I lose the fight and fall down again. Doctor Martin walks in and smiles, "still think you can win from me?"

He opens the door of my cell and walks in. He puts another needle in my arm. "You are way more fun asleep," he says and injects me with more Vervain.

When I open my eyes again, I am not in my cell anymore. I lay on some sort of table, all tight up. I look around, but all I see are walls and more tables with tools on them. The tools I see are not tools I get happy from.

"Welcome back," doctor Martin says. He stands beside me and holds a huge knife. "Do you always have to Vervain me?" I ask him. He smiles proudly, "no, I don't. But it is a lot of fun!" He puts his knife in my arm and cuts it open.

"So, what? You are just gonna do some kind of experiments on me, just like you did to Abby?" I ask him. "Yes, indeed. Thanks to Abby, I have a lot of her blood as well. So I kind of hope you will turn into the kind of vampire she was," he says. I roll my eyes. "Too bad, I can't," I tell him.

"Why not?" He asks. He doesn't seem too interested. He just cuts me open and gets some of my blood. I decide to play a long for a little bit. "You can't turn me into the kind she was, because someone can only turn into that kind of vampire when they die with that blood in their system," I tell him, "I am no human, so it won't work on me."

He looks at me and narrows his eyes. "How do I know you are telling the truth?" He asks. "Because I don't want you to try it out on me and kill me," I tell him, "I won't come back." He sighs and looks away from me. "It makes sence..." He says.

Does it? I mean, I don't even know what I am saying!

"Now it's your time to tell me something," I say, "where did you go the day Abby and I got away?" Doctor Martin turns around to me and smile wide. "Oh, you want to know my secret, don't you?" He asks.