137.

nobody's pov
october 23rd
3:20 pm

it was after school, and the group of friends were at the library together, doing homework and talking about their day at school. minho watched his friends do their homework, clearing his throat.

"look at this cute cat guys." minho spoke up, showing them his phone, "her name is yuna, and she's at the local adoption center."

jeongin looked up, taking a glance at minho's phone and turning to soojin, "what were today's chemistry notes?"

the girl got out her chemistry notebook, flipping to the notes she took earlier today and handing it to the younger. soojin then looked at minho's phone, "aw, she's cute."

"don't you think her and my other cats would get along perfectly?" minho questioned.

"we aren't getting you a cat." hyunjin told the elder, taking a sip of his iced coffee, "ask your parents."

"this is bull-"

"shush." jisung shushed the boy, putting his hand over the boy's mouth, "you're in a library."

minho took the younger's hand off his mouth, looking over, "we literally have a room to ourselves."

"who says they can't hear you from outside the glass?" seungmin asked the elder, pulling out his math packet, "ew, i don't wanna do this."

"i already got the answers from eric, if you need them." felix mentioned to the boy, who's eyes lit up.

"give me, give me." the younger begged, reaching his hand out, "pretty please."

felix laughed at the boy, taking out his phone and unlocking it. the boy then found the messages between him and eric, handing his phone over to seungmin. the younger smiled brightly, "thank you, lixie. you're a hero."

"why can't you guys just get me a cat?" minho questioned, crossing his arms over his chest and pouting, "i want a cat."

"okay, but what if yuna doesn't get along with your other cats?" soojin questioned back, "then what are you gonna do? give yuna back to the shelter?"

minho paused at the question, "well, i could just keep them in separate rooms."

"keeping them in separate rooms won't do much." hyunjin pointed out, "they'll probably find a way to each other and fight."

the elder groaned at the response, "but yuna is so pretty, she's so cute." the boy said, showing his phone to hyunjin, "look."

hyunjin stared at the phone, "milo and kkami are cuter." the boy responded, turning back to his notes.

minho sighed out, "fine, no cat." the boy told the group, closing out the tab on his phone and locking it, "i don't even want to celebrate my birthday now."

"you can't be this pouty over a cat." jeongin told the elder, "come on, you can get something else."

"jisung always says he wants a cat with me." minho responded, "and suddenly he doesn't want one."

soojin glanced at jisung, who glanced back at the girl. jisung looked over at the boy, "now just isn't the time, maybe when we're older."

minho glared at the boy, "i hope our future cat scratches you." he said, as he grabbed his phone and got up from his seat, "i'm gonna go look for a book to read." the boy told the others before leaving the room.

jisung watched the boy leave, waiting until he turned the corner and was away from the room, "and now i can't wait for his birthday."

"okay, but did you get him yuna though?" seungmin questioned, "cause i don't think he wants any other cat besides yuna."