"What's your name, kid?" asked Ontario.

"Edwin Longchest. And for your information, I'm thirty-four."

The five of them began to chat as Samantha treated Edwin's wounds. Crock asked what Talhad wanted to speak about.

"My name is Talhad French, and I have been looking forward to being a part of your Army for some time. I have a feeling you will do many great things in the future."

"Oh yeah, like what?" asked Crock.

"Well, I wanted to present you with an idea for the future."

"Sure, let's hear it."

"Our crew should go to the Terminus."

The four other people in the room were shocked at Talhad's suggestion. Samantha offered her opinion.

"That seems more dangerous than any mission we could possibly undertake."

"Well, I already signed up prepared to risk my life," said Edwin. "Something tells me it's in our future whether we like it or not."

"Something, or someone?" asked Ontario.

"What are you talking about?" asked Talhad.

"The future, huh?" said Crock. "I'll definitely keep it in mind."

"Right, well I came by to congratulate you, Crock, on your promotion to General and the Army you now command," said Ontario. "And I want you to know that I consider you a friend and an upstanding person. If anything happens to you, I will be the first to raise questions."

"Wait a minute, Ontario, where is all this coming from? I mean, I'm flattered, but I don't want you risking your life for my sake."

"Well, I'm not certain of much these days, but I trust you. I hope things fare well for your group, especially those who grow close to you. These three seem like good people, I hope they serve you well in the years to come."

"Look, you can't just drop such sentimental..." before Crock could finish his sentence, Ontario was gone.

Seven days later, Crock's Army had landed in Gloomy Island. The reality of the situation was something none of them were expecting: as they raided the Rebellion, they realised they were robbing from the poor at the behest of the rich, something that would come to haunt them. After leaving the island eight days after arriving, the damage was already done. Crock had resolved to request more say in what his army would do. The Chief Military Advisor of the time, a mysterious man named Elephant, agreed to it, though no-one who heard the decision understood it.

"Listen, I trust Crock to do what's in the best interests of not just the government, but the people it is intended to serve."

Crock's newfound freedom to lead his Army as he wished meant that his exploits were much more positive than the raid against the Gloomy Island Rebellion. However, several media outlets around the world put a spin on Crock's Army, labelling them the "Turnbull Militia" and attempting to discredit them in every way they could. They used the family name Turnbull to cast a shadow on Crock's character, they pointed to their first mission as evidence of self-interest, they looked into Talhad's past and outed him as a thug from Gareth Town.

The years passed, and Crock's Army was doing good all across the world, apart from one place. Crock's desire to explore the Terminus grew, and at a certain point in time, he could no longer deny himself the opportunity.

On the fifth of August, 4077, Crock's Army arrived at the Gogh Strait, having been granted permission to enter the Terminus from the government. The news of the expedition had many people around the world talking, and during the approvals process, the enigmatic Efelgart Bridge had taken it upon himself to join Crock's Army on this new venture.