Ticket

Dream was coming to town.

Nightmare couldn't believe it.

After a long string of letters, and listening to many people's conversations, Nightmare was positive that Circus Eclipse, the circus that Dream ran, was coming to Nightmare's town.

Nightmare was a simple man, he lived in a small apartment and worked at a bakery. He was also the fiancé to Dream, one of the most popular people in the country.

Nightmare worried about him and their relationship sometimes.

Nightmare had to get his hands on one of those tickets to see him.

Nightmare had to.

"Lumine! Get back to work!" Horror, his boss, shouted from within the kitchen.

"Sorry!" Nightmare snapped out of his trance and scampered back into the kitchen, the smell of bread and pastries clouding the room.

"Jeez, dude, what were you thinking about? We have a lot of deliveries that we need to be delivered." Cross asked, pulling a piece of bread from out of the stove.

"I said I was sorry didn't I?" Nightmare rolled his eyes and he took the basket full of bread and pastries that he had to deliver.

"I bet that you were thinking of that 'totally-real fiancé' of yours." Dust snickered before slamming a piece of dough against the counter.

"I hate you, Dust." Nightmare rolled his eyes again.

"See you in a bit Nightmare!" Cross called as Nightmare took the basket and walked out the back.

Nightmare climbed onto his bike and was out on the dusty road. He knew that his first delivery was going to be Mrs. Borghese, with three loaves of bread and a couple of croissants.

"Here you are, Mrs. Borghese!" Nightmare yelled as he got off his bike and dropped off the food.

She walked out of her house and smiled. She took the delivery and dropped the payment into Nightmare's hands.

"And this for being on time." She smiled even brighter and dropped a few extra coins in his hand.

"Thanks, ma'am!"

"No problem deary."

Nightmare hopped back onto his bike and began to ride along the road.

Only... 20 more deliveries to do.

It was going to be a long day.

-🖤-💛-🏳️‍🌈-💛-🖤-

"Finally back I see." Cross hummed as he took off his flour-coated apron.

"Yeah." Nightmare mumbled wiping the sweat off his forehead.

Nightmare walked over to Horror and handed him the money from all the customers.

"Thank you, Lumine. You work hard."

"Thank you."

"Ey! Nightmare, wanna come ride home with me?" Cross called from outside.

"Yeah!" Nightmare called back, running back through the kitchen and hopping onto his bike.

The two began to ride down the street, the setting sun illuminating the way home.

"Hey, Nightmare?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you hear that Circus Eclipse is coming to our town?"