Ring

Lives cutely

Human ver obviously

Tw/cw - Tending of wounds, blood mention

-🖤-💛-🏳️‍🌈-💛-🖤-

Dream sat on the roof of his house, playing with the ring on his fingers. It was an obsidian ring, it fit around his ring finger perfectly. It was about 5 millimeters in width, and it didn't get in the way of his sword fighting, or when he used his bow.

He put it on his left hand, spinning it with his right while on his finger. It had two teal stripes on the top and bottom of the ring, as well as a silver, stylized sun in the center.

He knew damn well who gave it to him, he just...didn't know why. Or how. Nightmare's pulled a lot of stunts in the past but slipping a ring on his finger mid-battle was something he didn't know was possible.

Dream sighed, unfortunately, it was a sappy sigh. A sigh of love and unfortunately admiration. Nightmare sure was something.

Dream held his face in his hand, a reluctant smile appearing on his face. Nightmare was something alright, something Dream could never break away from.

For better or for worse.

He turned his head around and stood up, helping Blue onto the roof. The two sat down next to each other, watching the sun do down. The red lights fading over the trees that surrounded their home into a gentle dark blue.

"How's your side B?"

Blue shrugged, "It doesn't hurt as much anymore. Stings like a bastard though, haha."

Dream pulled Blue close to him. Rubbing his shoulder. Killer's serrated knife always did some nasty damage. Dream ran his hand over Blue's shoulders and down to his waist.

"Can I see it?"

"It's pretty gross."

"Blue, I've done a lot of gross, fucked-up shit. Seeing a knife wound is no big deal."

Blue sighed. "Alright." Blue lifted his shirt and Dream placed his left hand on his thigh. Before Blue pulled his shirt off he slammed it back down, wincing, but grabbing Dream's left hand.

"What is THIS?! Did Nightmare give you a marriage band?!"

"Do...do you mean an engagement ring?"

Blue flushed a deep blue, the color of his soul, "Maybe..."

"But seriously Dream what the fuck is this?!"

"I don't know! Nightmare somehow slipped it onto my finger during the battle."

"And you didn't ask him what it meant?! Or why he did that?!?"

"No, Blue, I didn't. I was a bit busy being tossed across the universe."

Blue sighed, leaning back, letting go of Dream's hand. "You should go to him."

"WHAT?! BLUE ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!"

"Maybe! But you should ask him anyways. We've already fought today, I don't think he'd take you prisoner. He's meticulous like that."

Dream snorted and shook his head. "I guess. Maybe I'll go give him a visit. Harass him a bit."

Kiss him- NO.

"Let's get you back to bed first B. Clean your wound again too."

Blue nodded and stood up, with Dream supporting him. The two walked up the roof and back through the window into Dream's room.