Valentines

This takes place in an AM where Dream and Ink do not get along, and this is pre-Blue and pre-Cross.

Humans

Also, Dream is a fucking dumbass

Also also yes this song because I like it 👉👈

Also also also I'm posting this a little early, mainly because I didn't post anything for the entire month of January and I'm very sorry about that :(

I was going through a writer's block I think, but I'm better now :D

-🖤-💛-🏳️‍🌈-💛-🖤-

Dream stifled a groan as the doorbell rang. This was like the twenty-thousandth time today, and it was almost time for him to get going to bed.

He liked it when he was given appreciation for his efforts in keeping the safety and happiness alive in AUs, but this? This was getting ridiculous.

He grunted as he stood up, maneuvering through the mass amounts of flowers he had received today. He shoved his hand into one of the copious boxes of chocolate and shoved a piece of chocolate into his mouth, if he looks busy maybe whoever it is will leave him alone.

He whipped open the door, his gaze turned downward, his fans were usually smaller than him.

There was a letter on the floor.

He raised an eyebrow, interesting.

He poked his head out of the window, there was no one to his left, and unless the person had jumped out of the window and fell to their death, there was no one to his right.

He crouched down and picked up the letter, and went back into his apartment. He tossed the letter onto the counter island and pushed a stool away from him. He leaned over the counter, running his pointer finger over the letter.

He picked it up and ran his hand over the blue, almost teal seal that was keeping the letter closed. It had a large, formal "N" in the center.

He paused, he didn't know anyone who went by 'N'. He put the letter up to his nose, yup, it was an authentic wax seal.

Why in the world would someone send him a letter in this style?

Usually, people just DM him or send him mail in more modern-like letters.

Dream inserted his finger underneath the paper fold and slowly pulled it up as he didn't want to damage the wax seal; it was very pretty.

He managed to open the letter without breaking the seal and he slipped out the main letter inside. The paper wasn't normal printer paper, it had a rough texture and it was almost a yellow-brown color.

He hadn't seen paper like this since he was 200.

He unfolded the paper and for something that looked so formal, there was barely any content.

There were a couple of words and a couple of numbers in beautifully written handwriting, it was verging on cursive, but not quite.

All the lowercase i's had hearts instead of normal dots. It was obviously a Valentine's Day letter, but why was it so short?

The letter read:

"I have something for you, dear guardian. Come to the coordinates below."

There was a set of coordinates leading not far from his home. His leg bounced up and down automatically as he thought about whether or not to go.

"With love, N"

That sold him the idea that he needed to go. He didn't know who this was or what they wanted, but he was going to find out. He assumed this mysterious N had powers of some sort, as they were able to drop off the letter and disappear without a trace.