Together

Yet another warning - this story has a little bit of blood (no gore), and murder. It's mostly lighthearted, I just want y'all to be aware.

-🖤-💛-🏳️‍🌈-💛-🖤-

Dream loved Nightmare.

Dream loved Nightmare with a very strong passion. Some people would call this love a little obsessive. But Dream didn't care. When Nightmare was happy, Dream was happy.

Nightmare was Dream's magnum opus. And Dream loved Nightmare.

Unsurprisingly, Nightmare loved Dream back.

Nightmare loved Dream with a feeling so strong that he was sure that his heart would explode every time he saw Dream smile. Nightmare figured this was a little obsessive, but he didn't care.

Nightmare thought Dream was the best thing since sliced bread. And Nightmare loved Dream.

But since Nightmare was a mega tsundere and Dream was busy, like all the time, neither of them knew. Neither of them knew the powerful feelings they had for each other. But there was one thing they knew.

Dream knew that Nightmare was his, and he had to protect him. Nightmare knew that Dream rightfully belonged to him, and no one was going to take that away.

So a cycle started. A really bloody, really dangerous, really obsessive, cycle.

Sometimes when Nightmare was reading, he'd see people try to flirt or take Dream places he wouldn't want to go. Those people would disappear a day or two later. And then Dream spent more time with Nightmare.

Nightmare loved it.

Sometimes Dream saw people bullying, or hell, even abusing Nightmare. First, he'd go and get Nightmare far away from those people, then he'd have a little bloody confrontation with them at night.

A very stabby and violent confrontation. And then Nightmare would seem happier, and Dream was more than excited to see that.

This happened for a long time, people would mess with one and the other would mess them up.

Life was great.

Still, neither of them knew that they loved each other but that was okay. Nightmare still loved Dream and Dream still loved Nightmare.

Then it was Valentine's Day.

The day Nightmare hated most of all. People were always confessing their love to Dream, giving him chocolate, flowers, all sorts of things.

Nightmare hated it so much. Not because he was jealous, oh no no no, it was because he wanted to spoil Dream, he wanted to love Dream.

He couldn't even bring himself to confess to Dream though, what if he said no? Nightmare would die. Both on the inside, and on the outside.

But that Valentine's Day was weird. Very, very, very weird. While Dream was getting showered with gifts he didn't want, Nightmare was off resting against the tree reading like he always was.

Then a girl came up to him, a girl who was maybe 16, maybe 18, Nightmare couldn't tell and gave him a rose.

A confession.

Nightmare was... a little shell-shocked. For one, Nightmare was, very, very, very, very, EXTREMELY, gay, and two, this had never happened before. What was Nightmare to say?

Dream felt something, he whipped his body around to take a good look at the tree where Nightmare was.

A girl was giving him a rose.