Chapter 50 - Light At The End Of The Tunnel

"It's that girl!" She pointed, "She's the murderer. She is the girl that murdered her mother and father!" Stella laughed her fingers pointing at me making sure I could see that it was me she was talking about.

There's no doubt in my mind that it was me she was spreading the rumours about - I was the only girl in the whole class with no mommy or daddy. The only girl who couldn't get in a car because she was scared of them. The only girl who lived with her gran and her uncle.

"I didn't do it!" I yelled at them tears threatening to pour of my eyes at Stella's harsh accusations.

"Yes you did! Murderer!" She yelled, "Murderer!" She said again encouraging her friends to say it with her.

"Murderer!"

"Murderer!"

"Murderer!" The whole school began to chant as they advanced towards me. All the students, teachers and even the principal of the school had joined in as they looked at me their eyes turning a vicious glowing red.

"Help!"  I screamed, "Someone help!"

"You're a helpless little murderer!" Donny said as he shoved my shoulders causing me to fall in a puddle of mud, messing up my chartreuse dress that my grandma had made for me.

My sobs intensified, "Help me!" I yelled, "Someone please help me!"

"You're a weak little girl, you're worthless," Stella hissed, laughing at me.

"Please stop," I sobbed.

"You're fat and ugly," Sienna laughed looking at Donny and Stella for encouragement, "You don't belong here. You're supposed to be in juvenile where murderers like you belong."

"Stop!" I cried out, "Please stop!"

The deep ache in my chest began to expand. A pain that no words could define began to grow. My tears fell out like a hurried waterfall rushing to it's best friend's funeral. My hands were shivering as I fumbled with the zip of my dress - all happiness was drawn from me with a nefarious syringe. It removed every last drop of hope and happiness as resentment watered and grew itself in my chest.

The faces of Donny, Stella and Sienna all became blurred before they became one and made the face of a scary yet vile monster that whipped out a silver switch blade that gleamed in the sun.

"You're dead, murderer." Donny's voice called.

I woke up with a start, beads of sweat covering my forehead as my heart raced forward.

"That dream was so real," I muttered to no one in particular.

I looked besides me to find an empty space, searching the whole hotel room I couldn't find a single trace of Brandon. I went back to the bedroom and slid a full body swimsuit with a dress to cover.

I glanced around the bedroom and in the bathroom once more to make sure but Brandon was still nowhere to be seen.

It was as though he had just vanished into thin air. I pulled my hair into a bun and walked down to the lobby and spied him sitting with Stacey by a glass window.

The guy that was with Stacey at the photo shoot sat next to her, his eyes wandering around the room every now and then indicating his boredom. I sighed and joined them sitting in the vacant seat next to Brandon who immediately wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my cheek good morning.

"You left me." I accused him.

He smiled, "You were way too cute to wake up. I went for a jog and bumped into Alexander and Stacey." He told me removing a strand from my face before he tucked it behind my ear.