Chapter 41 - Jumbled Thoughts {}

Chapter 41- Jumbled Thoughts
___________________________

"I'm sorry," I began.

"What?" Brandon asked confused.

"I'm sorry..." I repeated, "You'll be stuck with me for the rest of your life."

"That means yes, right?" Brandon asked nervously, still on his knees.

"It does indeed mean yes." I accepted.

Brandon heaved a sigh of relief. I smiled as he slipped the beautiful ring on my left hand, on my index finger. I felt happy, and I pulled him into a hug as soon as he stood up.

"You've made me the happiest man, alive!" Brandon grinned and I smiled.

"I'm glad."

"I haven't made you the happiest woman alive?" Brandon asked, looking hurt.

"You have." I smiled at him as I toyed with the ring on my finger.

We continued to eat at the restaurant, and the feeling of the ring sitting on my finger made me subconsciously nervous at the prospect of getting married.

I was only twenty-six, I wasn't too old nor was I too young and Brandon is twenty-eight. I don't know if our relationship will be stable because most of it isn't built on trust, I'm often nervous when Brandon goes out by himself. I don't want to be the clingy type, but I'm worried that he'll end up making the front cover with another Sophia Lancross.

Me being an average girl and him a billionaire allowed many negative thoughts to flood in. I wasn't rich, I had no parents and my only guardian had passed away quite recently. My life had been torn apart and now was being stitched back together.

Was being engaged now, the right choice? The right course of action to take? Doubts flew into my head causing me to feel really bad and negative about the wedding. I did, however, pass it off as pre-wedding jitters.

"You're being quiet. Are you alright?" Brandon asked me as he bit into his delicious-looking dessert.

I cleared my throat, "I'm alright, thanks for asking." I said.

"You're welcome," Brandon said happily.

"Are you sure that this is the right idea?" I blurted out immediately.

"Of course, why wouldn't I? Besides, I asked Mr. Hayes for permission to ask your hand in marriage. I didn't want to propose without informing him first."

"Is that why you were late?" I asked, now curious.

He nodded, "Yeah. Although the response I got was a thunderstorm." He laughed.

"Maybe that's my father's way of saying no," I grinned.

"Maybe. I feel bad that we defied him. I'm sorry but not sorry, I love you and won't hesitate to want to spend the rest of my life with you." He said happily and grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on my knuckles causing red to flow down my cheeks.

"That was so sweet," I cooed.

"Not as sweet as you. I love you Ashley and don't you dare for a minute doubt my unending love for you. I really can't live a life without you in it, you mean the world to me." He smiled still holding my hand from across the table.

"Is this another proposal Hawthorne?" I asked him smugly.

"It's just me expressing my true feelings for you. If you want it to be another proposal then it shall be another one." He said.

"Aww, Brandon. Is today the 'make Ashley' blush day?" I asked him with a silly grin slapped on my face.

"If you want it to be then it will be," Brandon said.

"Okay, look." I began, "You don't have to leave everything up to me, you know? A relationship is based on equality. We both make choices. It doesn't just have to be me behind every choice or decision. We can both agree to compromises that will work. We need to work as a team to come to solutions to problems. Especially if we are to be married soon." I lectured.

"I know that. I just feel as though I'm making all the decisions in this relationship. I want you to also make important decisions for us," He added.

"Thank you for making an effort," I said.

He nodded his head and ran his fingers through his black hair, "For you, I always will. I swear it."

"Sweetness," I grinned.

We spent the rest of our evening talking about humiliating stories from when we were kids, talking about our favorite and worst teachers, pets we had, favorite family members, and Christmas holidays that we had shared. We talked about other things, and that specific night, Brandon and I got so much closer and knew more about each other.

These moments reminded me of how we were when we met what felt like ages ago. Moments when we would sit in the car and speak about our dreams, future and ambitions, and any plans we had. I loved those moments. They were so intimate and beautiful. They were something that I always wanted to preserve.

Our relationship had been through a lot in the past year and a half but somehow we came out of it almost unscathed. We were still together, bound by love always and forever. I couldn't imagine the thought of leaving him. He was my soulmate and there was no way I was ever letting go of him again. 

We'd left the restaurant at exactly midnight. Brandon drove me to my apartment and kissed my cheek before he bid me good night and left. I had stood by the balcony and watched his car leave the neighborhood before he turned left and he was out of sight.

I grabbed my bag and entered the apartment and flipped the light on. I screamed as I saw a figure on my couch, sobbing noises were released.

My heart began to beat fast. My palms got sweaty. My mind whirled with possible solutions to get out. I quietly made my way to the light switch. I flipped the switch on.

I prayed as I made my way to the figure. I didn't want to die just yet.

"Lina?" I gasped.

Hey Guys!

Yeah, this chapter is just a little shorter than usual but I do promise a new update either tomorrow or the day after to make up for it!

I decided to give you all a heart attack at the beginning, but are you happy with the choice that Ashley made? Is she ready to get married to Brandon?

Don't forget to comment (I respond to all of them in my spare time) and please don't forget to vote!

Thanks for reading, see you next update!