Chapter 5 - They Have Arrived{}

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Melanie rushed around like a crazy person trying to get ready before eight. I helped her as much as I could. I gave her a granola bar for breakfast. We were finally ready and just as we were heading out, the bell rang notifying us that the boys were here.

"Ash, please can you get it!" Melanie said and I nodded. I headed towards the door immediately and swung it open for them in.

"Hello Alessio, Brandon." I said giving them both a hug.

"You look beautiful!" Brandon said and I could immediately feel the blush on my cheeks so I turned away.

"No, look at me, you are cute when you blush!" Brandon said and I blushed even more.

Wow! Beautiful and Cute in one day and in a span of around five minutes. I must be one hell of a lucky girl.

"Oh stop!" I said with a small giggle.

Melanie finally came out of her room, and she greeted them and hugged them both  before I got in the car with Brandon and Melanie got in with Alessio. The reason we took two cars is because of the fact that each car only seated two people. 

There was definitely something going on between Alessio and Melanie and I knew my suspicions about them were confirmed she had cancelled her date with Alexander Boswell. Alexander was an upcoming musical sensation, and funny enough she had met him when he was busy performing on the streets.

 We finally reached our destination and they parked next to each other. We got out of our cars and headed in.

The sign sparkled due to the bright sunlight, it was in cursive writing which I could not decipher as the sunlight was way too bright. Brandon paid for all of us despite our protests. We went inside and I glanced around. It was what seemed to be a nature reserve. There were green trees, different colours and types of roses growing all around. Brandon and Alessio set up the picnic mat and we all sat down on them. I sat next to Brandon and Melanie sat next to Alessio.

They pulled out the food from the basket.

"Not the best cook so I decided to buy some takeaway on the way here." Alessio admitted sheepishly.

"From the waterfront?" I asked as I recognised our signature dish, "We don't do takeaways though."

"You would be surprised with how much money can do these days."

"So what do you do Melanie?" Alessio asked her and she pushed a blonde strand away from her face before answering.

"I design Cellphones for HT." She said with a huge smile and I saw Brandon's eyes widen.

"Wait are you telling me you work for Hawthorne Tech?" Alessio asked and Melanie timidly nodded.

"Yes." She said.

"You work for Brandon?"

"No Mr Richard Hawthorne. Although I do work under Mr Steven Jones. He is the head of my department."

"My dad retired. I'm the C.E.O of Hawthorne Tech." Brandon said and me and Melanie turned to look at him.

"You are what!?" Melanie asked, "I don't know why I did not connect the dots together."

"I own HT." Melanie just looked at him like he had grown three heads.

"Mel did you not try Google me?" Brandon asked with a laugh.