Chapter 9 - Meet The Parents {}

____________________________________

"She runs, she aims, she throws and she scores!" I yell.

"And he blocks it!" He yelled back fist-pumping and I frowned.

"Aww don't be sad, Ashy Ash. Better luck next time," He pinched my cheek before I harshly swatted his hand away.

"Brandon!" I whined.

"What?" He said groaning as he bounced the orange ball up and down. The thud echoed throughout the basketball court.

"Stop bouncing the ball! It's giving me a headache," I said holding my aching head. I leaned against the cold metal wall behind me and sipped my water slowly.

"Are you okay? Want me to drive you to the hospital?" Brandon inquired checking my forehead and feeling my pulse.

"Just a headache. No need to go all crazy on me you know," I admitted patting the blue seat next to me so he could sit.

"What do you mean go crazy on you? I am already crazy about you Ashley," he said and I silently awwed inside but on the outside, I stayed silent and sipped my water.

Brandon took a seat and I gazed into his beautiful eyes. They reminded me of the ocean, calm, breezy, and cool. The sensations I needed to feel to cure this horrible headache. I lay down my head on Brandon's lap.

"Ashley my parents want to meet you." He said stroking my brown hair.

"What?" I asked shooting up and wincing.

"Parents, they want to, you know, meet you?" He said but it sounded like more of a question.

"Oh, well I don't know..." I trailed off thinking about all the negatives. What if they hate me? What if they make Brandon break up with me?

"It will be okay," he assured me and I sighed.

"What if they don't like me?" I questioned.

"They won't like you," My breath caught, "They'll love you,"

"Really?" I cocked an eyebrow and stared at him.

"Yes," he muttered just as his phone rang. He picked it up and walked outside the basketball court. I stayed put and then realized he always took his business calls in front of me. Must be something personal I decided at last.

***

"You're meeting his parents tomorrow?" Shrieked Melanie.

Lissa just smiled, "Seriously? Brandon didn't even tell me!"

"He only told me today!" I whined and threw another outfit outside my cupboard and stared in a depressed manner at the clothes stack that had formed by my bedroom door.

The thing is... I had lots of clothes, my problem was that I didn't have any outfits!

Melissa and Melanie were on my bed helping to put together a decent outfit to meet Brandon's parents tomorrow. To say I was nervous was an understatement. My insides felt like jelly and I felt light-headed like I could collapse any second.

"No, don't wear that it makes you look old," Lissa said and then I nodded sighing I tossed the skirt and blouse away and onto the growing pile by the door.

"Hmm, why don't you try on some dresses, Ash?" Melanie said and I nodded and grabbed the only three dresses I owned.

"The red one is stunning but it is a little way too formal for this event. The green one and your eyes go well but it's something that my grandmother would wear,  and my parents don't like a girl that dresses in any brown color so that brown one is out of the question," Melissa said and I sighed.

I buried my head in my hands with frustration. What the hell was I supposed to wear now.

"Melanie do you have any dresses she could borrow?" Melissa asked and Mel nodded.

"Sure, I hope they are not a little too daring or I guess sluty." Melanie said shrugging her shoulders before heading out of my room to go to hers.

"Don't dress up slutty my parents hate it," Lissa advised.

Well, your parents are really picky and annoying! I said in my mind as I waited for Melanie to come back with her dress collection.

We then walked to Melanie's room and she began flinging dress after dress on me. I tried on black, blue, navy, green, and pink, and none of them looked good.

"I have it!" Mel cried and dashed into her cupboard.

She held up a dress that screamed elegant and at the same time perfection. It was a light pink shade with black lace covering it and a black lace clutch to go with it. The dress itself flowed down to just above my mid-thigh, an appropriate length for the occasion. The neck and chest area were covered with a black elegant piece of lace. I wore matching pink high heels that had black lace covering the toe part.

"You look gorgeous!" Lissa screeched.

"I agree, Ashley you look killer!"

"Thanks, guys," I said and turned in front of the mirror.

"I also approve," I said with a smile.

"Go knock 'em out tomorrow my girl!" Melanie said and I smiled.

"Will do," I said and she smiled.

"Movie marathon time!" Lissa clasped her hands together. I changed into comfortable pajamas and huddled into the bed with my teddy bear. I glanced at the tv screen and tapped play on  west side story.

***

"You look beautiful Ashley!" Brandon said and I nodded still nervous. Butterflies fluttered around my empty stomach. I swear I ate like two minutes before we left my apartment.

"I'm still scared..." I trailed off glaring out the windows and watched as the landscape flew by at a fast pace.

"Don't be Love, you have nothing to be afraid of," he said I tried to smile but it ended up being a grimace instead.

"Jus' want to make a good first impression," I said trying to play it cool.

"You will, you made a good one on me at least," Brandon said arms reaching over and grabbing my hand.

I held onto it and he gave me a small grin. We finally arrived to where his parents lived and to say it was a mansion was an understatement! It was a whole palace and it was very elegant and chic.

There was a fountain and a huge multiple car garage and the house itself was amazing. We walked inside and the butler grabbed our coats and hung them for us and took us to the seating area. Descending from the roof was a shiny crystal chandelier that I thought only Madonna owned. Turns out the Hawthornes owned one too. Yas! These people must be multi- billionaires.

We took a seat at the long dinner table and then just kept each other company in silence. Then the door banged open and in strode a beautiful flawless woman and a Good looking man escorting her.

***

Ashley: always putting me in horrible situations

Lissa: she is finally meeting my parents! Eeek!

Brandon: sorry Ash!

Alessio: feel sorry for you Ash

Author: Characters your line, please!

Brandon: Don't forget if you vote and comment you confess that I'm the sexiest, if you only vote you say Alessio is the sexiest and we can't have that!

Alessio: Oh please! The vote and comment was mine. People if you vote and comment you vote for me. If you only vote you pick uggh Brandina *rolls eyes*