Prologue

I was excited to be going on a trip with my parents, we are visiting Granny and Grandad, the snow fell and my dad was driving slowly. That annoyed me.

"Daddy, Drive Faster Please!" I yelled and he shook his head no.

"Daddy, Please! Please! Please!" I begged over and over again and he wouldn't budge. I sat back and crossed my arms and I began to sob.

"Why are you crying, honey?" My mom asked me as she gave me a loving smile.

"Daddy doesn't want to go fast and... I like fast!" I exclaimed and she smiled.

"Honey, it is much too dangerous for that!" My mom said and gave me another smile.

I sulked for another fifteen minutes before my mom glanced at my dad.

"John, just drive a little faster there should not be any cars here in this secluded area!"

"Fine." My dad sighed before stepping on the speed. I squealed with delight all happy and bright.

Both my parents turned to look at me with heart warming smiles when my dad lost complete control of the car. We spun in circles on the layer of the thin ice, coating the tar roads before the car slipped off the road and down into the cliff below.

I screamed as I saw blurry colours  outside the car windows before the car spun some more and landed on the roof. I hit my head hard and screamed some more as blood oozed onto my face and arms.

I managed to unbuckle myself from the seatbelt and glanced towards the faces of my parents. I looked at my mom and saw deep, red blood trickling down the side of her face. Her head hung down and she was not responding to my cries at all.

"Mommy!" I yelled and shook her some more, "Please wake up!"

I turned to my father he was going pale, blood smeared all over his clothes, hands and face. A few glass pieces were embedded into his skin.

"Dad! Dad! Daddy!" I yelled and also shook him. Like my mom, he gave no response.

"Please wake up both of you!" I whimpered.

"Mommy! Daddy! I love you please... stay... come talk to me!" I yelled but nothing.

No response.

"Help!" I screamed out to no one and to nowhere in particular.

"Help! Please someone help!" I carried on when I saw my mommy move a little. I headed to her.

"Mommy?"

"A-Ashley," she said her voice quivering, "Me and your father love you very much I hope you know that!"

"Mommy I love you too!" I said but she inhaled and closed her eyes, her body fell limp right in front of my eyes.

I felt my eyes well up with tears, and I climbed out the fully smashed window and glanced at my clothes. My favourite pink jacket was ripped to shreds. My light grey tights were torn completely and were hanging on a few loose threads.

"Help!" I yelled up and finally I saw a lady dressed in red with red hair and a kind smile.

She blew a whistle and a few more people with stretchers came in. The red-haired woman picked me up and brushed my hair away from my face and smiled at me.

"Where are you taking mommy and Daddy?" I asked her looking into her eyes.

She gave me a sad smile, and responded, "To try make them feel better sweetie."

The red hair lady gave me hope that maybe my loving mommy and daddy were coming back to me.

I hope they are coming back to me because I know I can't survive without them.

________________________________________________________________________________