Chapter 16 - Brayden Kruger {}

_________________

I walked into my office and took a seat in my chair with a huge smile on my face. Hawthorne Tech (HT) was releasing a new cell phone and that obviously put Brandon in a good mood. The new model took amazing pictures, had a huge memory and RAM, and the phone was waterproof and had many other enticing qualities.

"Hello is this Mr. Hawthorne's office?" An attractive-looking young man asked walking into my office.

I looked up and smiled at him.

"Hello," I greeted, "I'm his personal assistant but I can show you the way to him?" I offered.

He nodded, "I'm Brayden Kruger," He said.

I smiled, "Ashley Hayes. Nice to meet you, Brayden."

"Likewise Miss Hayes!" He grinned and clutched the blue folder he was holding tightly.

"You don't have to call me Miss. Hayes. Ashley is just fine by me," I said with a smile.

"Well Ashley, thank you for taking some time out and helping a poor soul like mine," Brayden grinned.

"Glad to be of service," I grinned.

I led him to Brandon's second office which was a few turns away from his main office.

"What are you here for?" I asked Brayden.

"Applying for the Finance Manager job," He flashed me another smile.

"Sweet. Anyways Brandon's office is right here." I said and stepped aside.

"Well here goes nothing," He smiled.

"Good luck Brayden," I said and turned away to move back to my office.

I walked the short way when I saw Melanie bound into my office. I speed walked and reached her just in time before she left.

"Melanie!" I gasped when I saw her tears flooding her face. Her mascara was dripping down, her eyes were puffy and red as she sobbed.

"Alessio is cheating on me!" She cried as sobs racked her entire frame.

"What?" I gasped, "What in the world do you mean?" I asked her frantically searching for tissues to give her.

"Well, we weren't together, together you know? I thought we had something together but it turns out he has found a girlfriend in a Danish Model." Melanie sobbed.

"How do you know?" I asked her silently.

Melanie threw a newspaper at my face, "Read it!" She ordered as she began to wipe her tear-stained face.

I hesitantly grabbed the newspaper and right on the front cover there was an image of Alessio with a brown-haired model. Alessio had his arms around her waist while she had both hands around his neck and they were looking lovingly into each other's eyes as they posed for the photo. I studied the Danish model, the girl seemed too pristine for my liking and Melanie had obviously found her too intimidating for her to compete with.

The names Alessio Jackson and Sophia Lancross were plastered all over social media. It seemed like they were getting engaged according to some magazines that I saw when I searched online.

I hugged Melanie as she left out her last few sobs and rubbed soothing circles on her back as she fixed her makeup. Melanie looked miserable and I hated that. What I hated more though was the fact that I could not do anything about the situation other than being her emotional support through it all.

"Tonight we will have a girl's night with Lissa," I told her.

"Okay," Melanie croaked.

I hugged her, "I'll ask Brandon if we can take a half day today. We can get a massage at the Thai place too!" I said trying my best to cheer her up.

"Okay!" Melanie said sounding slightly less lifeless.

×××

"Thanks, Ash! This feels great!" Melanie smiled as the Thai lady began hopping on her back following what seemed to be a preset routine.

The lady on my bare back was busy digging her elbows in between my bones. As painful as that sounds it actually felt great. She managed to rub out most knots in my back making me feel completely relaxed.

An hour later of sweet torture Melanie and I shopped and bought a whole lot of stuff for our apartment. I was glad when I managed to take Mel's mind off Alessio Jackson and Sophia Lancross.

Me: Hey Lissa! Mel and I are having a girls' night. Want to join us?

A few moments later Lissa responded to my text.

Lissa: Of course, I'll be there! I'm bringing my clothes and some snacks for us to eat. I'll try to bring my nail polish and straighteners so we can give Mel a makeover.

I laughed at her response before typing back to her.

Me: Snacks are great! Mel and I were planning to just watch movies if you want to bring some along. Don't forget to pack for a sleepover!

I typed back to her immediately and a few seconds later my phone pinged alerting me that I had received another text.

"Is Lissa coming over?" Mel asked.

I nodded, "Yeah. She did get a little excited,"

"That's good!" Mel grinned.

Lissa: Sure! I'll steal food from Brandon's fridge! And some snacks from his pantry! He won't notice a thing ;)

Me: Sure! That'll be great. Just know that you are solely responsible for stealing that man's food.

Lissa: Don't be such a wuss, Ash! Live a little. Brandon eats too much so he won't notice the missing food. He'll think he consumed them himself!

Me: Lol. I feel like that's horrible. Don't steal your brother's food, Lissa.

Lissa: He's rich. He can buy as much food as he wants!

Me: That's still so cruel! Ask him first!

Lissa: Whatever hun ;)

×××

Hey Guys!

Right Chapter 16 is out! Probably one of the last few chapters I will be uploading this year! I'm super excited to continue this journey with you guys in 2020!

Do any of us have any words for Lissa? I mean I didn't peg her to be that type either, it just sort of happened.

I might post a few throughout December but I'll try to update a lot in January so stay tuned and add this book to your library so that you can receive notifications whenever I do update! Don't miss out on that!

Please consider leaving a vote if you liked this chapter and let me know your thoughts in the comment section!

I'll see you in the next chapter!