Chapter 47 - The Binding Vows {}

My uncle accompanied me to the altar. 'Here Comes The Bride' by Richard Wagner was playing in the background by the live orchestra that Brandon had hired for the event. I had tried to convince him that a recorded version on a CD would do the trick, but his mother sided with him and he hired them in the end despite my many protests. He said he wanted to make our wedding the most grand event of the year.

I clutched my bouquet tightly - hoping that it would stop the nerves that were shaking my hands into oblivion if I channeled my strength into crushing the bouquet stems - as my uncle held my arm steadily and walked with me down the aisle slowly.

"Don't let me fall," I whispered.

"I won't." He promised.

Lifting my eyes, I was awestruck by the view waiting for me. Brandon Hawthorne - my soon-to-be husband - was standing at the altar, his eyes glued to me. He was dressed in a crisp charcoal black suit and had his black hair impeccably styled - obviously by professionals. His cobalt blue eyes were gleaming and he smiled widely at me as I approached the altar.

"I love you Ashy," He mouthed and I smiled as I felt heat flush through my whole face.

The walk down the aisle was long, the people in front were taking their time as they approached their reserved seats. The maid of honor was Melanie shared with Lina and the best man - well men - were Alessio and Hunter.

I'd picked a few girls to be my bridesmaids while Brandon picked a few of his friends to walk down with them. Mel and Lina were dressed in a similar dress. The color was a royal blue. Lina had a floor-length gown which had a slit that went all the way up her leg and nearly reached her waist. Brandon had tried to talk to her about being modest in a church but she blatantly refused and she insisted on wearing what she felt comfortable in - her words and not mine.

Mel was dressed in a floor-length gown as well, the dress's neckline plunged in a 'v' shape down to the center and was held together by a piece of a see-through lace. Her dress was also maternity-enabled. The two men accompanying them were dressed in black suits. Alessio had a royal blue bowtie while Hunter sported a royal blue regular tie.

The bridesmaids all had sky-blue dresses and the groomsmen matched them wearing either bowties or normal ties. My wedding decoration was exactly the way I wanted and had envisioned it, I loved absolutely everything.

The church was designed with many roses and at the beginning of the aisle there was a huge metallic arc that had blue and white roses wrapped around. The floor was covered with a plush white carpet from the metal arc all the way to the altar. The seats all had white covers with gold, cursive writing sowed on. It said 'Brandon & Ashley' along with the date of today. The chairs at the end of the row had a single white or blue rose attached to it.

As I walked on the white carpet laid out for me, I looked at Brandon and felt the extreme happiness wash away the nervousness that drenched this day and made it seem horrible. The photographers and film takers that we hired were doing their jobs but I was nervous that one of the photographers would stand on my excessively long train that trailed behind me and cause me to trip and face plant.

My dress was a snow white colour that was strapless. It had a sweetheart neckline, and it was tight until my waist before it flared out elegantly. It truly made me feel like a princess.

I walked up and my uncle helped me to step on the altar. Brandon pulled Uncle Sam into a tight hug before he stepped back and Brandon approached me, he placed a feather kiss on my forehead before he helped me up the final stair.

"You look so good, better than I imagined," He whispered leaning down into my ear, I smiled behind my veil.

The archbishop began the wedding ceremony as soon as we stood in front of him.