Chapter 31 - Here Goes Nothing{}

_______________________________

"Isn't it great?" Brandon smiled.

"What's great?" I said as my heart thundered in my chest.

"Darren is jail and so is Sophia," He said, "They're finally out of our lives for good. We can be together forever and live happily," Brandon smiled.

"Indeed." I said silently and saying nothing about the 'together forever' part that Brandon mentioned.

"Why won't you just be my girlfriend?" He asked desperately.

"Because," I said softly.

"Because what Ashley? Do you not love me anymore?" He growled.

I shook my head, "No, it's not that." I whispered.

"Then what?" He hissed.

"I'm scared Brandon!" I yelled, "I'm scared that you will break my heart again! I'm scared that you'll use me and then hurt me all over. I'm a fragile girl with a lot of emotional baggage that you'll have to deal with. I'm not a billionaire and I'm not rich. I'm not a model, an actress or even a singer. I'm none of those things, okay? I just don't belong in your world," I said as tears trailed down my face.

"Ashley..." He trailed off, "I don't care about your financial status, I don't care about your employment either or your emotional baggage, I want to support you and help you through it. I care about you and I can't live a day without thinking about you. I... I love you," He said.

I melted at his words. They were so sweet.

"I-" I began.

"You don't have to say anything back. I messed our relationship up and I'm not going to give up or pressure you into feeling something you aren't..." He trailed off before he kissed my cheek and strapped his seatbelt.

"We're ready to take off," Brandon said into the intercom.

I heard the plane's engine come to life and I shuddered. I felt my heart beat faster as the plane moved faster, rocketing forward at a lightning speed. My ears felt weird due to the pressure.

"Relax Ash," Brandon whispered as he chewed his bubblegum and blew his mint breath in my face.

"I... I can't," I whispered, "What if it falls?" I asked.

"I've hired the best pilot and cabin crew. They're fully equipped to deal with any faults while flying." He smiled.

"Great," I said gritting my teeth, "How long is it going to take to reach South Africa?" I asked him.

"Quite a while." He responded.

After several hours, we landed at OR Tambo International airport. I was really excited to see all the places, food, and animals that South Africa has to offer. The airplane crew that was with us during our flight was already dragging our luggage to the Lamborghini that was waiting for us by the curb. The crew loaded the bags in the boot and Brandon sat in the driver seat and began to drive us out.

On the way out the police stopped us and Brandon showed them his ID, once they were satisfied they let us through and soon we were driving down the highway. According to Brandon, our mini vacation was called 'Mission Impress Ashley' and he appeared to be really excited.

"Where are we going first?" I asked him my hands clasped in my lap trying to not pass out as we drove at the speed of 120 kilometers per hour.

"We're going to our hotel in Rosebank and then we're going to explore Johannesburg before we head down to either Nelspruit or Durban...maybe Cape Town," Brandon explained.

"Sounds fun!" I grinned.

Brandon checked us in to the hotel at Rosebank. Apparently, it was one of his hotels and I didn't doubt it, because the hotel had the word 'Hawthorne' down the side in black letters surrounded by white lights that were probably turned on in the middle of the night.

The workers all immediately recognized Brandon and helped us to get settled in our massive suite.

"We're sharing a room?" I asked him.

He nodded, "We've given out the other suites to other businessmen. We kept our personal suite for us," He said, "Will that be a problem?" He asked.

I shook my head, "No. It's alright. I'll just sleep on the couch." I added.

"No need. We can just put a pillow between us if you think I'm dirty," He said sounding hurt.

"It's not that, Brandon," I said with a tired sigh.

"What is it then?" He asked rather impatiently.

"I've been raised to never share a bed with a man unless we are married," I said as my cheeks flushed red.

"I understand," he said, "I'll try to organise a pull-out couch for myself, you can take the bed."

"No!" I gasped, "I'll sleep on the couch! I'm the one that is being difficult," I said.

"You're just respecting your traditions and morals. That's not bad and you're not being difficult. Besides, I'm the host and you're the guest so you should be more comfortable!" Brandon announced.

"I'm sure I can sleep on the co-" I began again.

"No!" Brandon commanded, "You'll sleep on the bed and I'll sleep on the couch. That's final." He said.

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders, "Whatever you want, boss."

"I would prefer it if you called me darling instead of the boss," He grinned.

I rolled my eyes, "So not happening Brandon."

"We will see. We will see," He said with a smirk.

"What are you planning?" I asked him.

"If I was planning something, do you actually think I would tell you?" He asked me as he raised his eyebrow.

"I wouldn't know. I can be quite persuasive though," I said with a grin.

Brandon sighed and ran his fingers through his black mane, "I'm sure you can be. Anyways I'll be heading down to meet with my personal assistant." He told me.

"Stella?" I asked, purposefully changing her name.

"Yes, Stephanie." He said with a smile.

"What are you doing with her?"

"Wouldn't you like to know," He smirked.

"I'm coming with you!" I said hurriedly.

"Stay here and rest!" He said.

I shook my head, "I'm okay. I'm still wanting to come with you!"

"Is someone jealous?" Brandon teased.

"Of course not!" I huffed and crossed my arms, "I'm feeling quite restless."

"I'm sure you are," Brandon smirked as he walked out of the suite and I followed him.

×××

Hey Guys!

Yip, I took my characters all the way across the globe to South Africa!

How did you find the chapter? Do you think Ashley should just take Brandon back or should he work harder to earn her love again?

Anyways, thanks for reading as always and thanks to all those who vote and comment, I really do appreciate it :)

Don't forget to please comment (I respond to all of them in my spare time) and please don't forget to vote!

See you next update :)