Chapter 38 - Insult Wars {}

____________________________________

"I'm freaking out so bad!" Melanie screamed as she ran into the room, her blonde hair in curlers and to anyone who didn't know her, they'd assume she had just escaped from a mental asylum.

"Just calm down Mel!" Lina smiled.

Lina and Melanie have surprisingly become really good friends. Lina now joins Melanie, Melissa, and me on our girl nights and we always have a blast together.

"I'm trying Lee! I really am. I'm so nervous, you won't believe what I saw last night!" She said and I rolled my eyes.

"You watched those youtube videos again?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"Guilty as charged," She said putting her head down, in an embarrassed manner.

"Melanie!" Melissa complained, "Why would you do that? Aren't watching those things before your actual wedding day like a bad omen?" She asked no one in particular.

"Probably is," Lina said.

"I think so too, just like the one where you aren't allowed to see the groom the day before," I added.

"Exactly!" Lissa said and I grinned.

As soon as we finished helping Melanie get ready, the three of us all dressed in the bridesmaid dress that she had chosen for us. Melanie had stipulated that we were allowed to wear whatever design we wanted as long as it was the exact same color as each other and the dress was floor length.

When we were all ready for the ceremony, we got our pictures done before we carefully climbed into the limousine waiting for us and went to the Cathedral where Melanie and Alessio had booked to be married.

Melanie and Alessio's wedding went well. They said their vows and everyone cheered them on when the priest announced them as 'Mr. and Mrs. Jackson'. I thought they both looked really sweet and coordinated. I had been the maid of honor and my boyfriend, Brandon Hawthorne, was my date and the person who accompanied me. He was the best man.

We were currently at the reception and Mrs. Lanser, Mel's mom, had practically forced me to go to the bouquet catching. I was being pushed and shoved while I stood at the back immobile as ever. Melanie smiled at everyone before she turned around and randomly threw her elegantly designed bouquet in the air behind her. As it sailed passed them the girls began to scream and try to catch it, but it landed on my chest and my reflexes forced me to catch it.

I looked at the bouquet in my hand and my jaw had dropped so low that it practically touched the ground I was standing on.

"Congratulations Ashley! Do you want to know who got the garter?" Melanie asked from her podium winking at me.

"Who?" I asked deciding to be brave.

"Who other than Brandon Hawthorne," Melanie said and winked again, "Must be fate!"

As the night drew on I enjoyed the event a lot. Alessio and Melanie had decided to follow many traditions. They also had really cool things going on like a photo booth and a chocolate fountain with a ton of strawberries poked with wooden sticks to the side.

I saw Melanie's entire family however I was surprised that Melanie's older brother hadn't shown up. Like at all. I also met a lot of new people who were very influential.

Brandon and I had slow danced to all the songs before Mel and Alessio decided to leave for their honeymoon. A destination only Alessio knew, and he wasn't willing to share it. I made Mel promise to call me as soon as she reached the place.