Chapter 22 - Job Hunting {}

I slipped my white converse shoes on and grabbed my sunglasses and phone before I went out to find a job and hopefully an apartment I could own. I still had funds left over from when I worked as Brandon's personal assistant but I was nervous that the funds were going to end and then I would be on another-level-poor again.

I walked out after greeting Hagatha (the receptionist) and went to a nearby diner carrying copies of my CV. The first diner I walked into explained to me that they didn't need any extra employees as they wouldn't be able to pay me a nice salary due to the fact that business hasn't been good the past few months.

I tried several more diners but as usual, I got rejected. I was crossing a road when a brilliant red sign caught my eye. Employees Needed. Apply Inside! I immediately headed over the fear of them not accepting me had slightly disappeared and headed to the back of my mind.

"Hello!" I greeted the blonde-haired girl at the counter, "I'm here to apply for a job,"

"You? You want to work here?" She asked again as if to make sure I wasn't joking with her.

I nodded, "Yeah,"

"Well pfft okay," She said in a condescending tone, "I'll call the manager!" She added as she walked off.

Another blonde-haired woman, slightly older than the first one emerged.

"I'm so glad you applied. We have been needing an extra hand around here!" She told me.

"I'm happy to apply," I told her.

"No application is needed. You can start tomorrow at nine am. Your shift starts at nine am and ends at seven pm. Your break is from twelve to one and a small tea break usually happens at ten to half past ten. You can call me Darcy by the way!" Darcy said and I smiled.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Darcy. I'm Ashley Hayes," I told her.

I was a bit confused as to why she let me have the job this quickly and this easily without really asking me any questions that they normally ask before employing someone. I shrugged the thought away and was happy to have found a job that could support me.

"You accepted her?" The blonde at the till asked.

"Yes, Lina. We need help around here!" Darcy said.

Lina scoffed, "Okay Cy,"

"Do you not like me or something?" I turned to Lia.

"I mean look at you! You're dressed like that and you want to work in a prestigious boutique. You're going to scare away the customers!" Lina said in a frantic tone leading me to believe that she was insane.

Looking down at my outfit, I was dressed light blue jeans, a white loose top and had paired that with my white converse shoes. I didn't see anything particularly wrong with it.

Darcy sighed, "That is enough Lina! You'll scare away our employee here!"

I gratefully smiled at Darcy who gave me another warm smile in return. She seemed like a really kind person and for that I was grateful. If I wanted to survive working here at this boutique, I needed a kind soul.

"She said you can start tomorrow. Leave already! I don't want to have to deal with you more than I should!" Lina said shooing me away.

I shrugged and left pulling the sunglasses over my eyes. Looking up my eyes widened when I saw the Hawthorne tower looming not far ahead. I guess I hadn't actually gotten as far as away from home as I had hoped. My heart ached slightly as I looked at the tower reminiscing all the memories and happiness that I spent there

Shrugging, I walked to the nearby Starbucks and ordered my favorite drink. The pink drink. It was absolutely the best and the first time I tried it, I was hooked.

Whilst I was waiting for my drink to be made I shot Melanie a message. Found a place to stay for a while and a new job. Don't worry about me. I wrote before the girl called my name and I walked over to the counter and grabbed my drink.

On the outside, I don't appear to be the type of girl who particularly likes pink but I do. I love sweet things, which includes candy floss, sweets, pink drink, and just other sugary goods. I walked out of Starbucks when someone walked straight into me soaking my shirt with the pink drink.

I let out a gasp of horror and look up to see the predator.

"Brayden!" I gasped again.

"What are you doing here, Ashley?" He asked me.

"I had just bought my drink before it um... well you knocked it right out of my hands!" I told him.

"I'm so sorry about that! I really wasn't looking where I was going!" He apologized.

I shrugged, "You better start looking up then!"

"I ought to," He smiled showing off his pearl whites.

"Sure. I'll see you around," I waved him off.

"Wait!" He called as I turned to walk away, "Let me buy you another drink." He asked.

"It's fine," I said and jogged away ignoring his calls for me. I needed to get away from everything and everyone that was somehow involved in Hawthorne Tech. It proved to be mission impossible.

Hey Guys!

I know, I know that this chapter is a few words shorter than usual but I decided to just update it like this and not drag it on.

Anyways how did you feel about this chapter?

See you next update!