Chapter 27 - Weddings & Engagements {}

Chapter 27 - Wedding & Engagements
_______________________________

"I... I honestly don't know what came upon him! He kept on saying things like he was going to sue the guy for harassment and the poor guy was just helping me out!" I said.

"I call that jealousy," She said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"I guess so. He scared me a lot, he looked like a raging beast as he punched the innocent man,"

"He is just overprotective of you, you need to give him a straight answer. You either want him in your life or you don't."

"I don't know if I love him, Mel. What if it is just infatuation?"

"You can't be infatuated with someone for around three years! You clearly love him, don't throw away true love because you're undecided."

"You're right." I agreed.

"I know I am," Melanie smirked, "I was speaking to Brandon about what Paulo has discovered. I think you'll find the whole thing either ridiculously funny or terrifyingly scary. It all depends on you." Mel said.

"Are you going to tell me?" I asked her hopefully.

"No. Brandon wouldn't tell me all the details. He said he wanted to personally inform you himself."

"I see. Is this another way of his to try to force me onto a date?"

"I don't know. What I do know is that he asked me to tell you to call him." She said.

"I deleted his number like two months ago," I told her.

Melanie sighed before she whipped out her phone from her handbag. She grabbed a napkin and a blue pen and hurriedly copied his number from her phone. When she was done writing, she handed the napkin to me.

"Here you are, Ash. Call him as soon as you can, I'm pretty sure another fifty employees don't want to lose their jobs as well." Mel said.

"What do you mean? What happened to his employees?"

"Didn't you watch the news when we left you? Brandon fired exactly fifty-three employees from the Hawthorne tower."

"Oh my goodness!" I gasped, "Why?"

"He was mad. He threatened to kill me but I ran away and hid with Alessio. He obviously managed to understand but Ashley, I was one of those fifty-three that lost their jobs at Hawthorne." She explained.

"He fired you and threatened to kill you?" I asked shocked.

"Yes. He wasn't in the right state of mind to even run the business. Richard Hawthorne even took over the tower for a month while Brandon was busy hunting you down." Mel explained.

"How did he not find me? I didn't go too far." I said.

"I'm not really sure. Rumour says that he did find you but Richard advised him not to pursue you. He told him to set you free and if you came back you were worth it. You didn't come back and Richard tried to set him up with other girls from rich families but Brandon stood all of them up.

Richard managed to do all that in the span of two months? Did he seriously hate me that much?

"I remember him coming to me at Alessio's place and demanding that I come to work for him again. I decided to accept because the job paid well and I needed one anyways and I didn't want to be dependant on Alessio to pay the bills and buy groceries. I don't want use him and I am not a gold digger. People were shocked that I came back. " Mel finished.

I nodded, "I see. I'm sorry he fired you."

"It was my fault, Ash. I let you leave and I learned how to take full responsibility for my actions regardless of the payment."