Chapter 43 - Bride & Groom {}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I hate it!" I said and stuffed the dress back on the rack as Lina and Brandon both sighed.

"I never knew you were so picky!" Brandon said.

"She normally isn't," Lina inputted.

"That's good to know," Brandon said.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here," I said.

"Right." Brandon agreed.

I smiled at him. When we were at the Hawthorne mansion earlier on, Evelyn and Richard had convinced us to have our wedding in one month and a half (I have no idea why we listened to them) thus we are here now trying to plan it, and find my dress. The problem was all the dresses that the bridal wedding dress shops had didn't satisfy me in the least. They all were boring and quite useless - in my own opinion of course. 

I should say that the gowns were all stunning but none were... for me.

I had often heard of the incredibly magical feeling that a bride would feel when she put on a dress and so far all I could see in the mirror were all the things that I felt insecure about having a spotlight. That magical moment where your breath was taken away from you? Well, I was yet to feel that and I was highly anticipating it too.

We'd gone to my apartment - right after Richard had accepted me as his daughter-in-law - we had picked Lina up and gone to my parent's grave, I had been surprised to see brand new fresh flowers near the angel statue but I did not question it as I assumed that my uncle had been here to visit. He often did. When we lost my parents, it had been very hard on him because he literally lost his other half. His twin. His 'wombmate' as he liked to call him.

 We'd told them the good news and spent a few more minutes with them before going straight to the nearest wedding dress shops and here we were now.

"How about this one?" Lina asked sticking the dress in my face.

"Too revealing," I said when I spotted the neckline.

"This one?"

"Too grandma-ish!" I protested.

"Grandma-ish?" Brandon repeated.

I nodded, "Indeed."

"What does that even mean?"

"It's for grannies," I informed him with a straight face.

Brandon laughed, "I'm not sure grannies would wear this, love. It seems kind of a modern-day dress."

"I'm not sure. I still don't want to wear it though." I said.

"Okay," He said.

"We have literally made you have a look at every single dress in the damned shop, I'm sure there has to be something you like!" Lina sighed.

"I don't like any." I insisted.

"Oh, my word!" Lina said exasperated.

I didn't understand why she was annoyed with me. I wanted my dress to be a breathtaking one. One that would steal all the attention.

I laughed, "I'm sorry. I really don't like any dress here. I want our wedding to be perfect!"

"I can see that," Lina grumbled.

"We can look somewhere else if you want," Brandon said.

I nodded, "That would be perfect. Can you make sure the shop is more modern too?"