Chapter 29 - The Fall Of A Drama Queen {}

________________________________

The past six months felt like bliss. I was faithfully going to my job at the boutique, avoiding Lina, and then going back home to my apartment that I was still paying off to Hagatha. Life felt like a routine, wake up at 5 and then head out for a thirty-minute jog before rushing back, showering, and then going to the boutique. 

Nothing really exciting happened at the boutique. Often, the elder women would walk in and flaunt their money, buy some overpriced clothing items, and then leave. Some were kind, and others were snobby and loved looking down on both Lina and me. Sometimes, I had to fight a lot to keep a smile on my face when dealing with the latter kind of people, they were a pain.

During this time Lina apologized but I wasn't willing to forgive her just yet. I felt awfully betrayed by what she had done. People may view a small bet as harmless but I hated that she was in cahoots with Darren especially after he started stalking me at my apartment and leaving roses. When I ignored the roses he started leaving creepy cryptic notes which terrified me. I had told Brandon (seeing as he and I were now on way better terms) who summoned his personal investigator to find out what the notes meant and we had a meeting today in fact.

*

"I don't know. The only thing I really remember is that he threw a knife and it nearly hit me. He claimed he was practicing his knife skills. He works for the FBI and has quite a high position." I told Paulo.

"I think this might have been the murder attempt," Paulo said glancing at me and then at Brandon.

"There wasn't a repeat. I believed it was an accident." I said.

"I also discovered that he and Sophia are married."

"What?" Brandon and I yelled simultaneously.

"Sophia and Darren got married in Las Vegas five years ago. They kept it under wraps, they have never been seen together and there are no legal documents that shows they annulled their impromptu wedding." Paulo said reading from his notes.

"Are you certain about this, Paulo?" Brandon asked his teeth gritted.

Paulo nodded, "If you'd like to see the evidence here it is. I also discovered that Sophia Lancross married him purposefully in return for his help."

"What could Sophia need from him?" Brandon spat.

"Evidence shows that she murdered Alexandra Adonis as she was going for the same man that Sophia claimed to love. I've managed to get copies of the tapes that were burnt in the house. Alexandra Adonis had her camera streaming live to another secure off-site location."

"What could he possibly do to help her?" I asked him.

"You said it yourself, Darren works for the FBI. The FBI were forced to investigate the whole thing by Alexandra's brother Nicholas Adonis and Darren was head of the investigation. He played with the evidence and blamed it on the innocent neighbour."

"If Nicholas finds out about this he will take her to jail!" Brandon yelled.

"Wait you mean Alexandra Adonis the famous actress?"

"Yes Miss Hayes," Paulo nodded, "She is also the sister of Nicholas Adonis one of the worlds top billionaires," Paulo said.

"We met Nicholas at the ball," I said, thinking out loud.

"Indeed." Brandon said, "Paulo do we have enough evidence to put Sophia and Darren her accomplice behind bars?"

"Yes sir. I also found out that Sophia has been evading paying her tax. We can arrest her for tax evasion along with murder."