Chapter 39 - Hunter & Claire {}

_______________________________

"Whose mansion is this?" I asked Brandon and began to tie my hair up so that it would quit coming out from behind my ears.

"It belongs to Hunter Colton. He's one of my very good business associates and he and his girlfriend invited us for some lunch and swim time," Brandon informed me.

"I thought we were going to the beach," I said truthfully and slid my sunglasses up my nose.

"I didn't say that, love. You just assumed it." Brandon shrugged eyeing my feet that were resting on his dashboard.

"I guess I did. Isn't Hunter the dude we met at Melanie's wedding?" I asked Brandon as recognition lit in my mind.

Brandon nodded, "He's the one indeed!"

"His girlfriend's name was Carrie or something," I added.

"Her name is Claire. They have an intriguing love story if we're being honest. Their relationship goes way back to senior year in high school," Brandon explained.

"That's dedication," I said.

"They were separated for a few years. Hunter chased her. I think he was involved in murdering her twin sister on the last day of school," Brandon explained.

"We're at the house of a murderer?" I screeched.

"No. I'm not too sure about the details." Brandon explained.

"I see," I said not liking the idea of Hunter and being in his house.

"Claire has him wrapped around her finger. She's a sweet lady, I promise you'll love them both."

"Okay, then why are we still here?" I asked.

"I was giving you some background information about the people we are visiting."

"You were trying to freak me out!" I accused him.

Brandon shrugged, "That's for you to decide when and if Claire decides to tell you the story of how they met and came to be."

"I see."

"Let's go," He said and opened the door of his Lamborghini for me. I got out with my sun dress and twirled for Brandon.

"How do I look?" I asked him.

"Beautiful as always," He said.

"Lina and your sister dressed me. I wasn't sure where we were going as you were too vague on the details. I just assumed we were going to the beach because you asked me to bring my swimming costume."

"I see. I apologize for my vagueness," He said.

"I'm sure," I said sarcastically.

Brandon coughed and took my hand. We walked the first few steps to the mansion before the door was flung open and a girl ran at us at top speed.

"I'm so excited you're here!" Claire said happily.

I smiled at her, "Nice to see you."

"Same applies. Anyways come in, come in guys, and make yourselves at home!"

"Thanks, Claire!" Brandon thanked her and we held hands as we followed her inside her house.

The house looked amazing. Each room had a stunning theme, and everything just corresponded together. The decoration probably cost a fortune, and they all appeared to be very valuable antiques. I was honestly surprised I didn't see the Mona Lisa in here.

"You're house is so beautiful!" I said and Claire smiled at me over her shoulder.

"Thanks, Ashley, I designed it." She said.