Chapter 34 Yibo - Confrontation

Yibo listened to Zhan's explanations about the sister of the former leader of the Shadows and couldn't understand why this former frightened girl, had let Zoey Meng talk her into something. Or, was she already as bad as the rest of her family? Had she perhaps only pretended to everyone at that time?

Besides, he wondered all the time if his family was really safe? And how were his in-laws? He liked them very much, because they never condemned him for anything. They themselves suggested that he become an agent. At first Yibo wanted to do this for Zhan. But eventually he wanted to do it for himself. And they often came to Germany and helped him with the theory. They supported him without any ifs and buts.

His own family also came to Germany a few times. They also supported Yibo, now apart from his stepmother. The relationship between him and his stepmother had been tense and cool since then.

In addition, Zhan hated her. Which is why Zhan made himself rare every time his family came to visit. Yibo hated it when he rarely saw Zhan when his family was around. They lived together in Germany, but as soon as Yibo's family was there, Zhan was gone.

In those days, Yibo could hardly sleep and worried about his marriage. At some point he grabbed Zhan and told him how he felt when Zhan wasn't home for days.

"I hate it when you leave me and I don't know where you are. I can't sleep when you're not there and I'm scared shitless you'll leave me again and not come back." He had thrown Zhan at the head then. He didn't even realize he was crying. But that day Zhan had promised him not to leave and he kept his promise.

Yibo could bear anything if necessary, but not without being Zhan. Just the thought of it upset him and made him nervous.

To Yibo, it seemed that the older Zhan got, the more attractive he became. No wonder he gets jealous just because someone put their hand on Zhan's shoulder. Zhan was his and the only one who could touch him was him and nobody else. That's why he never let the other agent out of his sight. He looked over at Zhan far too often for his taste and smiled at him too much.

Another call tore Yibo out of his thoughts. He watched the boss on the phone and kept a close eye on him. Something is wrong, I'm sure of it. But what? What is he hiding from us? Why won't he tell us what's really going on? Yibo wondered.

"Guys, we're supposed to come to the HQ. Apparently they found Zoey. Her and this Mike guy." Said the boss after he finished his call.

"Tell me, are you sure this is right? I mean, the top boss said he would contact you again tomorrow. He wants us to stay here overnight. And suddenly messages with information arrive and more calls?" Zhan asked confusedly and Yibo thought the same.

"Do you think this is a trap?" The boss asked.

"Well, did you just talk to the top boss?" Asked Zhan and the boss shook his head.

"You see? We are the rabbits in a burrow and they are trying to lure us out. I'm not moving until the big boss orders me to." Said Zhan and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"Best thing to do is turn off this phone, pick up another one, call the top boss and tell him we're no longer safe here. Because I heard you talking about the cave. And then maybe we should get the hell out of here before we get unpleasant visitors." Said Yibo, who had understood parts of the phone call.

"Oh my God. Boss I think you need a refresher course. How could you make such a mistake?" The agent asked while giving the boss another phone.

The boss kept silent and made his phone call, and his look revealed that the top boss was probably lecturing him. Sometimes Yibo wondered how his boss became an agent in the first place? Had he won his license in the lottery?

"I suggest none of you leave here and we have a nice adult conversation first." Said a voice out of the darkness.

Zoey, another young woman, Mike and four other men stepped out of the darkness and pointed their guns at the four agents.

" Time for a confrontation." Said Zoey laughing while pointing her gun at Zhan.

Yibo paused. He knew how to act in such a case from his training with the KSK. Even though it is against his nature, he sat still and didn't say a word.

And at the latest now that he saw Zhan smile, he knew no matter what happened, the two of them would get through this and they would stay together.

Inwardly, Yibo was already preparing for everything that was to come. He knew that with crazy people like that, you have to expect everything. And he had no other choice now anyway.

"Okay dear Zoey, now comes the part where you want to tell us why you planned all this, why you ordered all these murders. Right? How about we just cut to the chase? Because if you kill us, we don't give a shit whether we know the reason or not. I mean, we can figure it out anyway. But we don't care. So please spare us your long story and make it short." Zhan said.

"Yes, that's right, I have enough to do with my cold. It's already giving me a headache. I don't need to listen to some story that completely blows up on my ass." Explained Yibo.

"I thought something like that, my dear." Said Zhan grinning to Yibo.

"You know me too well. It' a pity we couldn't do it again before." Yibo replied and threw a kiss in the air to Zhan.

"Honey, you do realize that there are guns on us? How can you think about sex?" Zhan wanted to know.

"This is your fault. If you weren't so fucking sexy, I wouldn't be hot for you all the time." Bitched to Yibo.

"Oh? So now it's my fault? I do not look like this on purpose. Besides, you're sick. No sex at all." Explained Zhan miffed.

"Yeah, that's why I'm so hot. You're always telling me to wait. I have to get better first. And now?" Scolded Yibo.

Zhan raised his right arm defensively and shook it a little. Yibo couldn't see how quickly the shiny blade had flown off and hit one of the attackers. He sank to the ground. The others turned their eyes to him and this was their chance.

With one move, Yibo freed himself from the blankets he was wrapped in and grabbed his weapon. He pointed it into the group of attackers and fired several shots. Next to him, Zhan also fired.

This short staged quarrel had been enough to confuse their attackers and not to do anything. They gave Zhan and Yibo time to prepare themselves.

When Zhan and Yibo lowered their weapons, only two people were left. Zoey and Mike. But they would not stand for much longer, Yibo was aware of this. For he could already see the blood forming a round stain on Zoey's shirt.

Yibo had hit her, a bullet, right in the heart. And Mike had been hit too. His white jacket showed a clear trail of blood on his shoulder and stomach.

Zhan walked towards them. He pushed his hand in front of Zoey's forehead, she stared at him in horror and then fell to the ground.