Chapter 11. / Zhan - For real?

When Zhan started his livestream, he had seen Yibo. His look spoke volumes as Zhan found. He saw that Yibo was ashamed of his lie, nervousness, worry but also love. That's why he had decided to swallow his anger and not start a fight with Yibo.

Of course they had to talk about their marriage, but not immediately when he came back. He just wanted to go home, to his husband, to his apartment and finally sleep in his bed again. Meanwhile Jiang Cheng was with his Russian student and spent some more time with him. While Zhan showed the others how the corpses of the two men were taken away.

In the evening they left, first for India, where it was time to say goodbye to Jiang Cheng and then home. In Beijing he landed shortly after 12 pm at noon. An agent was already waiting for him and took the paperwork that Zhan regularly took care of. The agent drove Zhan home and finally, half an hour later and completely overtired, he was at his front door.

He took the elevator upstairs, walked slowly to the apartment door and unlocked it. And then, soon the blow hit him. Had he thought he could say hello to Yibo and then go to bed, he had to realize that would wait. Tired, annoyed and exhausted, he greeted Yibo's family who greeted him with a loud roar.

Yibo stood behind them with a guilty look. It took another five minutes before they finally released him. Yibo hugged Zhan and whispered in his ear that he was sorry and that this was not planned. Zhan just nodded, bringing his duffle bag full of dirty clothes into the bathroom and opening the flap of the washing machine.

He was followed by Yibo who watched him in silence for a moment. Then Yibo's eyes fell on some clothes with blood on them. "Whose blood is this?" He asked Zhan. Zhan looked at him and shook his head. How could Yibo ask him that? But Zhan did not get a chance to say anything because Yibo's family was already calling for Yibo loudly.

"For real?" Zhan asked himself and shook his head. He put his clothes in the washing machine and turned it on. Then he locked the door, undressed and took a long hot shower. He put on the last clean clothes he had in his duffel bag and left the bathroom. Yibo and his family celebrated the return of Zhan, without Zhan. Well that's great, Zhan thought and went to his bedroom.

No one paid any attention to him and he didn't care anymore. He just wanted to sleep. He stuck a couple of earplugs in his ears, went to bed and fell asleep right away. When he woke up a few hours later, he took out one of the two earplugs and still heard Yibo's family making noise. What is wrong with them? Zhan asked himself, put the earplug back in his ear and went back to sleep.

Suddenly someone pulled him out of his sleep, one shook and shook him until his eyes opened. Yibo's stepmother stood next to him at the bed and shouted that he should get up, it was his party after all. Totally dazed, Zhan looked at the clock, it had been 11 pm ready. He pulled out his earplugs and San Nie, Zhan's stepmother, looked at him thoughtfully.

San Nie: Tell me, do you love Yibo at all?

Zhan: Sorry, what?

San Nie: Well, I mean, you come home, pull a face, don't greet Yibo, then piss off to the bathroom for ages and then go to bed without a word.

Zhan: Um, what?

San Nie: Just admit that you don't love him, then he can find someone else.

Zhan: ...

San Nie: You see, you have nothing to say. So I'm right.

San Nie ran into the living room and announced loudly roaring that Zhan no longer loved Yibo. He supposedly told her himself. As a result, Yibo's family members stormed the bedroom together and yelled around. Zhan held his temples, he couldn't stand the noise. He got up from bed, went to his duffle bag, packed a few things and left the bedroom. Yibo sat in the living room, drunk and crying.

Yibo: Is this true? You do not love me anymore?

Zhan: You and your family are crazy!

Yibo: So it is true?

Zhan: No, but I have had enough of you and your family!

Yibo: So you love me after all?

Zhan: Yes. But it doesn't matter now, I have to leave. I just want to be left alone.

Yibo: Please don't go.

Zhan: Damn Yibo, I haven't slept for three days. I was looking forward to coming home and having my peace. To see you again and just be able to relax. And what do I find? A full apartment, a husband who doesn't even dare kiss me in front of his family. And then, ignorance, like I'm not there. Celebrating my return without me. Bravo Yibo, bravo! And then you drink until you're snotty and terrorise me. No thanks, I've had enough. I'm off.

Zhan put on his jacket and shoes and left, Yibo ran after him, holding him by the back. He begged Zhan not to leave. But Zhan pushed Yibo away from him and left. He ran down the stairs, went to his car and drove home to his parents. He told them what happened and they let him stay in his old room.

Finally Zhan could sleep peacefully and finally no one woke him up. In the early afternoon, Zhan woke up rested. He went downstairs and talked to his parents about his long mission, told them about his problems with Yibo and his family and asked them for advice. For he was at the end of his Latin. He had hoped it would finally get better when he got back, but he was wrong.

Zhan's Dad: Could it be that they don't like you?

Zhan: Maybe. I mean, they ignore me whenever they can.

Zhan's Mom: And Yibo doesn't say anything?

Zhan: No, he even left me at the hotel at Disneyworld. He didn't even notice that I didn't spend all Saturday with them.

Zhan's Dad: Okay, that sounds like a serious problem.

Zhan: Uhhh... Yeah, I guess so.

Zhan's Mom: Best you meet somewhere in town and talk, lay the cards on the table and explain to him that you are not willing to go along with this.

Zhan's Dad: Right. Get him to listen to you and think.

Zhan agreed with his parents. He had no choice if he wanted to save his marriage. Actually, he was planning on resting for a while. But apparently he was on a new mission. Save your marriage!!!

 Save your marriage!!!