Chapter 10 / Yibo - A beautiful morning.

The evening at the party went exactly as Yibo had expected. Catastrophic. They had been there for 4 months and 13 days, Yibo was counting on this case, and this boozer had ruined everything. And in less than ten minutes. Lee Qing arrived with her friend from college and was already drunk.

She threw up first across the floor in the hallway. When one of the guests yelled at her why she came to the party drunk, she laughed out loud. She stood there in the hallway, wiping the vomit from her mouth, with her naked forearm, smearing it not only more on her face but also on her arm. Yibo's stomach cramped up when he saw this.

Another guest insulted her and told her to leave because she wasn't invited anyway. And what did she do? Right, she pulled up her ugly green dress until everyone could see she was carrying a gun. She pulled out the gun and her badge at the same time. "Jo, I'd say that's my invitation." She said, waving her gun around.

That crazy bitch hadn't even locked her gun. She waved it around, pointed it at one of the students and pulled the trigger. "Bang," she shouted loudly and laughed until she realized that one shot really did go off. The student dropped to the floor, everyone panicked and ran through and over each other. She freaked out in total panic and shot around until her magazine was empty.

The house was full of students, more than 50 of them. Six of them died by the hand or rather weapon of Lee Qing. Two were seriously injured by her. Two more students died when they were simply pushed to the ground and trampled to death by other students who panicked. Nine other students were injured.

Police and ambulances arrived almost simultaneously. The officers stormed the house armed and the students immediately panicked again. The officers shouted and pushed everyone back. It took a while until finally something like calm had returned. Lee Qing stood there with her gun in her hand and looked down on the students she had struck down. "Now you're not laughing anymore." She said and fell over.

Yibo stood there, looked around and was stunned. He explained to the officials who he was and who Lee Qing was, and they arrested them both. The next day, Yibo's superior came and took Yibo out of custody. He left Lee Qing there. He explained to the officers that they would pick her up later and take her to a psychiatric clinic, he had already taken care of it.

The giant took Yibo in his arms and apologized to him for not taking what he said seriously when Yibo asked him for help. Yibo was amazed at this action from his boss. He thought that if his boss had a guilty conscience, maybe he could benefit from it.

Yibo: Well, maybe I could get some information from my husband in return?

Boss: No way.

Yibo: Pity.

Boss: We shall see.

Yibo: Yeah. That's more like it.

The information Yibo received was not worth much, to say the least. Except that Yibo now knew that Zhan was fine. Because that was all he had been told. Still, knowing Zhan was okay was something. After that he was interrogated several times during the evening and had to do some paperwork before he could finally go home.

But he didn't stay there for long and went to his family, whom he hadn't seen since the beginning of the mission. He spent a few days with them and together they planned their next vacation. His everyday life had him back. In the agency he first spent his time in the office, but how long this will be, he could not be told yet. However, after the shock he had suffered when Lee Qing freaked out, it was just as well.

When he came to the agency that morning, everyone cheered excitedly and celebrated. Yibo wondered what was going on. His boss showed him two pictures which he had printed out. One showed a man in bed with his throat slit. And on the other He Peng. Tailless, with his nipples cut and several smaller and larger cuts.

Yibo: Who was that?

Boss: Your husband and his partner!

Yibo: What was the mission?

Boss: They were supposed to find He Peng and were given another mission, not to bring him back alive.

Yibo: Oh my God, that means Zhan is coming back?

Boss: Yes, what a beautiful morning.

Although Yibo was happy of course, he now knew that Zhan knew he had lied to him about He Peng. And if there's one thing Zhan hated, it was being lied to. Nervously he thought about what Zhan wrote him last and that he thought he didn't love Zhan anymore. He wondered how he should face Zhan after all this?

"Your husband will be home the day after tomorrow, you will be pleased to hear. After all, he's been gone for almost six months now." Said one of Yibo's colleagues Yibo nodded, but got a stomachache because he was afraid Zhan would leave him. There was suddenly a great commotion in the office. There was a live stream to Zhan.

Yibo ran into the open office room and stared at the TV where his husband could be seen. He looked tired and exhausted, but happy too. Yibo walked close to the TV, aware that a camera was installed on it and Zhan could see him. But Zhan didn't make a face.

Zhan: So we got the clearance from the Russian police, we're leaving soon. First to India and then I'm coming home.

Colleagues: Yeah, we are looking forward to it.

Zhan: I don't have much time now, but I have to show you something.

Zhan turned the camera on his phone and pointed it at the coroner's car. They watched as two bodies were transported away in their body bags. Everyone cheered. Zhan turned the camera back and smiled.

Zhan: Baby, I'm coming home, and you better be there.

Yibo: I will be there. I promise!

Zhan: I hope so! Love you honey!

Yibo: I love you too, come home quickly.

Zhan nodded, smiled and then said goodbye to everyone. Yibo's heart took a leap. Maybe Zhan wasn't angry with him after all? Or not anymore? Or had he just pretended? Anyway, he thought the main thing was to finally come home.

That night he told his family that Zhan would be back the day after tomorrow. That he was finally coming home after almost six months. They was happy for him and to celebrate the day, they gave him his stepmother's homemade fruit wine. It tasted horrible and was very strong, but Yibo didn't care at that moment. Even lemons would have tasted good to him.

It was Saturday morning and the day when Zhan finally returned home. Yibo had been cleaning the apartment since four in the morning so that everything would be clean when his husband came home. After cleaning the apartment, he took a shower and put on his new clothes that he had bought the day before. He knew the plane would land around noon and that Zhan would be brought home directly from the airport, so all he had to do was wait.

 He knew the plane would land around noon and that Zhan would be brought home directly from the airport, so all he had to do was wait