Chapter 21 / Zhan - Just wow.

Zhan sat at his desk trying to concentrate on writing his report. But he was not going to succeed. He kept thinking about just now when Yibo hugged and kissed him after he got out of the car. He didn't even get to tell Yibo that his camera had a defect and he couldn't turn it off. So Zhan was pretty sure everyone in the surveillance room could see what had just happened. Not that he was uncomfortable, on the contrary, because he hadn't expected this action from Yibo, but he wondered if it would embarrass Yibo.

The beeping of his phone ripped Zhan from his thoughts. He took his phone and read the text message he had received. "Saturday at 7 pm? Should I pick you up?" Yibo wrote it. "Sounds good. Yes to pick up."Zhan wrote back and had to admonish himself to stay calm. His heart was pounding at the thought of going on a date with Yibo, up to his neck and he felt his cheeks blushing.

When Seo Joon came to Zhan's office a few minutes later he told him what happened between him and Yibo.

Seo Joon: Your little one has guts. Bravo.

Zhan: Hey, stop calling him my little one.

Seo Joon: Okay, okay. So how was the kiss?

Zhan: Just wow.

Seo Joon: You shouldn't make it too hard for him either. You see how he is trying and everyone here has noticed that he has changed a lot.

Zhan: Yeah, I know, I know. By the way, he asked me for a date.

Seo Joon: Really? And what did you say? And don't say you refused.

Zhan: I didn't say no. On Saturday, he wants to pick me up at 7pm, take me to dinner and a movie.

Seo Joon: Hey, that's something. Someone's obviously growing up.

After they finished writing their report and handed it in, they sat in the office and thought about what they could do next.

Seo Joon: How about we go and visit your husband? See what he's up to.

Zhan: Mhhh, you think?

Seo Joon: Definitely. Then we can say hello to our fan club.

Zhan: Oh you just want to see if there is someone you can flirt with.

Seo Joon: So what? Come on, your Yibo will be happy too. Besides, a little bit of attention isn't wrong either.

Zhan: Okay, but only because you asked me so nicely.

Seo Joon: I did not.

Zhan: I know. But that's what I'm going to say when somebody asks me.

Seo Joon: So that's who you are. Pah, we'll see.

Laughing they both made their way down to the surveillance room. They knocked on the door and then entered. All eyes were on the two of them. "We're here because we want to thank you for always keeping an eye on us and protecting us." Explained Seo Joon flirting. Some faces turned red and Zhan smiled. Obviously Seo Joon would probably really find someone to flirt here, Zhan thought amused.

Yibo came to Zhan and stood next to him, secretly putting his arm around Zhan's hip and pretending that nothing was wrong. Zhan looked at him questioningly, but Yibo just grinned. He reached for Zhan's hand that he had placed on his lower back and held it tight. "Aren't you afraid someone will see this?" Zhan asked him whisperingly. Yibo shook his head. "No, they all know about us." He whispered back and put his head on Zhan's shoulder. Although Zhan didn't think it was really appropriate at work, he let it happen. More out of selfishness, though, because he also missed Yibo a lot.