Chapter 20. / Yibo - Stolen Kiss!

Three months have now passed since Yibo was made a trainee. He was able to leave the surveillance center four weeks ago and is now in another surveillance room. One that kept an eye on the agents on their missions. Each agent carries a mini camera with them and as soon as they are exposed to a situation where it is necessary to record everything and be monitored live, the agents turn on the camera and the agents in this surveillance room, which was much smaller than the control center, keep their eyes and ears open.

They are also the ones who inform the police in case something happens in public and stop them from intervening. They send out other agents and give them instructions. They intervene! And give orders to the agents if necessary. Yibo was really amazed at how much power this group of agents had. On the very first day, he saw one of the agents demonstrate live how powerful this department is. A group of agents traveling abroad encountered enemy targets, they were surrounded and the agents' lives were in danger. This one agent sitting in front of the monitor and looking at everything, informed the military that was nearby and sent a drone.

The drone was armed with a special explosive device. No sooner had it hit several enemy targets than it dropped the explosive device on the order of this one agent. It landed between the enemy targets, they were eliminated and a path was created for the trapped agents.

Yibo himself didn't get this power, but he learned a lot here anyway and he learned to appreciate the work even more. Because with such agents in the background, who can take care of you and even save your life from the computer, he felt even more secure. He was glad that he could get an insight into their work and might help the one or other agent. "Call there, introduce yourself and enter the following code." One of the agents said so and Yibo did just that. Just seconds later, they saw a drone start. Yibo was mighty proud.

Tao Long was no longer just his instructor, but a mentor. He was there for Yibo day and night and stood by him with advice and support. He couldn't really explain how it happened, but with him, he finally became more confident again. A bit like the young man he once was when he met Zhan first time. It suddenly became easier for him to speak his mind and to represent it.

His goals had not changed. Become a good agent that Zhan can be proud of and win your husband back. As for the first thing, he was in good spirits, because he tried hard every day and studied hard. As for the second, he was still unsure about winning his husband back. And the more time passed, the more uncertain he became. Every now and then when he saw Zhan, the two of them would talk for a moment. Mostly Zhan would ask about his progress and then praise him. But when it came to their marriage, they never said a word. And increasingly it became harder for him. He missed Zhan more and more.

Zhan and Seo Joon still worked together as partners. They had several missions and all were successful. Right now, they were once again after a group. More like a trio that was suspected to have first robbed and then murdered two teenagers. It is assumed that it was an act of fear. The fear that the two would recognize the trio and betray them. They killed the two youths by smashing their skulls in. But so far there is no proof that they did it. The police ask the agency for help.

When one of the agents shouted "Action, we can finally see Xiao Zhan and Park Seo Joon in action again." They all got wise and rushed to the monitor. Yeah, they're like superstars in the Agency and they have their own following. Whenever they turn on their cameras, everyone gets excited and cheers them on. And this is exactly what happened again. They announced that they had found the evidence in the form of a video on a phone hidden in a locker at the train station.

Zhan: These idiots didn't trust each other and they kept running to the station and checking the locker, that's how we found it.

Agent: All right. Where are you right now?

Zhan: As you can probably see, we are at the port. Our targets are hidden somewhere among the cargo containers.

Agent: You need backup?

Seo Joon: That would be appropriate. These three...

Then the connection to the two broke off and suddenly hecticness broke out. Yibo stood motionless and stared at the black screen. Tao Long was immediately with him and calmed him down. "Don't worry, they are both fine. They're probably just experiencing some interference." He said to Yibo and put a hand on his shoulder. The agent reported the loss of contact and sent a unit out to assist.

Torturously, forty minutes later, a report came in. "Targets apprehended, one person injured." That's all they gave out. Apparently, there was a jamming device nearby, so they lost communication with them again. Yibo was afraid the injured person could be Zhan. Tao Long allowed him to wait outside for Zhan. Yibo grabbed his jacket and ran to the elevator as fast as he could, took him up to the ground floor and ran out the door to wait for his husband.

After more than half an hour, four black SUVs arrived. Three drove directly into the parking garage, the other one drove on and stopped in front of the entrance of the building. Yibo's heart was beating like crazy and calmed down a bit when he saw Zhan behind the wheel. Zhan sat alone in the car, got out and smiled at Yibo. He could no longer hold on to himself, reassured that nothing had happened to Zhan, he ran towards him, hugged him and gave Zhan a kiss. Zhan looked at him with big eyes and Yibo shrugged. "I am not sorry that I stole a kiss from you. You are still my husband and I was worried about you." Said Yibo hastily and blushed.

"Ah, ha ha OK." Zhan replied, apparently not knowing what to say. Yibo grinned cheekily at him and was happy inside to have finally kissed Zhan again. And he was even more happy that Zhan probably didn't hold it against him either.

Yibo: Are you angry with me now?

Zhan: No, I am not. I'm just surprised.

Yibo: Okay, and are you okay? Where is Seo Joon? Is he okay?

Zhan: I am unharmed and so is Seo Joon. One of our targets fell and injured himself. Don't worry, I'll be on guard.

Yibo: I know, I still worry Zhan.

Zhan: Yeah OK. I guess that's your right. I have to go inside and deliver my report.

Zhan was about to leave when Yibo grabbed his wrist and hold him back.

Yibo: Can I ask you for a date?

Zhan: What?

Yibo: I want to go out with you.

Zhan: Oh.

Yibo: Would you go with me?

Zhan: What did you have in mind?

Yibo: Mhhh, dinner and a movie?

Zhan: Yeah, OK. When?

Yibo: This weekend if you don't have any plans.

Zhan: Weekend sounds good. Write me later when exactly so I can get settled. I really have to go in now.

Yibo pulled Zhan to him, gave him a little kiss and then let him go. His heart was beating like crazy, he was hot and he felt overjoyed. Tao Long had told him if the opportunity arose, ask Zhan for a date. "This is what couples do. They go out together, have a good time together and get close." Had he said to Yibo.

With bright eyes, still with a beating heart, Yibo ran back and when he saw the surveillance room, everyone clapped like crazy. Apparently Zhan had forgotten to turn off his camera and they could all watch him and Yibo live. Tao Long patted Yibo on the back and said, "Well done, my boy. Well done." Yibo smiled and was proud.