Chapter 28. Yibo - Thank you!

When Yibo woke up in the night and Zhan was not next to him, he panicked for a moment. But he calmed down quickly when he heard Zhan and Jiang Cheng talking in the living room.

"I am sorry Zhan. I know I was a big asshole and I should never have said that." Explained Jiang Cheng.

"Perhaps you can explain to me why you're so upset? What happened?" Zhan wanted to know.

"How do I explain this in simple terms?" Asked Jiang Cheng, more himself than Zhan.

"Just try, OK?" Zhan replied.

"OK, maybe it'll take some time. Here's the thing. By now I can well understand why you fell in love with Seo Joon back then and why you suffered so much when you had to break up. He really is a great man. Yes, he is. I fell in love with him. It just happened and I held it back for a long time. But last night, well, I let myself go. And in the morning, when I realized how I felt about him and that he would soon leave and I would have to part with him like you did then, I panicked. I thought, If he hates me, it'll be easier to say goodbye." Said Jiang Cheng.

"But what does this have to do with me and my past?" Zhan wanted to know.

"Nothing, really. I guess I was jealous. When Seo Joon was drunk, he talked a lot of crazy stuff. Among other things, he said no matter how much time passed, he would always love you. Yes, now I know he was referring to your friendship. But I thought he still had feelings for you. Like he did then. He loved you so damned much that even others who saw him suffer suffered. Hae Jin told me that." Explained Jiang Cheng.

"Man, it's been so long. And we're really just good friends. And I know he likes you and I'm sure he'll figure something out so you can be together. You should trust him. It was a different situation then, neither of us knew what to do. We were very young. But why did you bring my daughter into this?" Zhan wanted to know.

"I know Seo Joon loves kids and would like to have one of my own. I thought if I opened his eyes about your daughter, he would see you with different eyes. I knew nothing about her death. I didn't! And I know it was the very last thing I ever did I don't know what I was thinking. I'm sorry!" Said Jiang Cheng.

"It should be! That was the very last one. I didn't expect this from you. Yes, Zhan was my great love and always will be. But that doesn't mean I don't have room for someone else because of it. You hurt me, you hurt Zhan and you hurt Yibo. Can you imagine how Yibo must feel when you talk about the past relationship of Zhan and me and claim that he still has feelings for me? They are just getting back together. That's what annoys me the most about it. I wish that they can finally get back together and be happy. You should have just talked to me instead of dragging them into this." Said Seo Joon, who apparently overheard their conversation.

Yibo left the bedroom and went to Seo Joon and hugged him. "Thank you." He said to Seo Joon and smiled. Yibo was just happy to hear how Seo Joon felt about him and Zhan.

Zhan reached out his hand to Yibo and wanted to go back into the bedroom with him. But before that he also had something to say. Something about all three of them.

"Jiang Cheng, if you really have feelings for Seo Joon. I don't appreciate him just playing with others' feelings. And Seo Joon, I'm glad you're Zhan's best friend. And I hope we can be good friends too. And Zhan, I love you no matter what happened or will happen. I'll never give up on you. Just like you never gave up on me." After he had said what he wanted to say, he stood in front of Zhan, lifted him up and carried him back into the bedroom.

Yibo put Zhan on the bed and then lay down beside him. "I love you ZhanZhan" he whispered and kissed him.

He knew that no matter what hurdles they had to face, he would overcome them together with Zhan. He would never lose sight of him again, and he would never go back in line.

"Stop thinking and let's take advantage of this sleepless night." Said Zhan with a big smile. This could not be said twice to Yibo.

Yibo turned to his side, his face over Zhan's. Gently he stroked Zhan's cheek with his thumb while kissing him. He let his hand slide under Zhan's shirt and gently stroked the soft skin of Zhan's upper body.

Slowly he took Zhan's shirt off, kissed and sucked on his neck, throat and collar. "You taste so good." He whispered and licked over Zhan's naked skin.

He wanted to enjoy the sight of his husband for a moment when something caught his eye. "Zhan, there's a red dot." He said, pointing to the window.

Zhan dragged him off the bed with him, put on his shirt and crawled to the bedroom door. He opened it a crack and shouted something to the other two that Yibo didn't understand at first. But then it echoed in his head again and again. "Sniper!"

Both crawled on all fours through the room, put on their bulletproof vests and took their weapons.

Zhan crawled to his closet and pulled out a drawer. There was a false bottom in it. Yibo froze when he saw what was hidden underneath.

"What is this?" He asked whisperingly when he saw the contents.

Zhan didn't answer, but stuck and tinkered with the part until it became a Cheytac m200 sniper rifle. Yibo only knew these sniper rifles from pictures. But now, he saw one right in front of him in his husband's hands.

 But now, he saw one right in front of him in his husband's hands

Now the other two came into the bedroom, also on all fours. Zhan had already positioned himself at the window and tried to spot the shooter. "That idiot's using a laser pointer." Had said Zhan and was looking for his destination.

Seo Joon took the other side of the window, also armed with a sniper rifle. Yibo and Jiang Cheng hid behind the bed.

Yibo saw how Zhan and Seo Joon communicated without words and only by hand signals, he was impressed, but also a little envious. He wished he could keep up with the two and wouldn't have to hide behind a bed.