Chapter 12 / Yibo - A new mission!

When Yibo woke up the next day with a booming headache, he immediately remembered what had happened the day before. He crawled off the sofa, looked for his phone and when he finally found it, he immediately tried to call Zhan. But he couldn't reach him.

His family was still there and they had taken his bedroom. Yibo remembered how they had behaved towards Zhan and felt the anger rise inside him. And he also remembered how Zhan accused him of not even daring to kiss him as a greeting. This was not true, Yibo thought. He wanted to kiss Zhan, he wanted it very much, but had the impression that Zhan didn't want to.

When his stepmother came out of the bedroom and sat down next to Yibo and pretended that nothing was wrong, he got angry.

Yibo: You know if I could have seen Zhan alone yesterday, he would still be here. Wouldn't he?

Sun Nie: We just wanted to welcome him.

Yibo: Yes, exactly. And have a party without the guest of honor. And then rip him out of his sleep and finish him off together.

Sun Nie: We didn't mean any harm to Yibo. I was just horrified that he greeted you so coldly. And then he just went to sleep and didn't even tell you anything.

Yibo: I greeted him coldly. He was just shocked because he didn't expect so many people to be there. Besides you could see how tired he was.

Sun Nie: Honestly, sometimes I think you don't match. Be honest with yourself. Whenever we are together, you ignore him. Remember Disneyworld. Did you even notice that he wasn't with us all day Saturday? And didn't you leave your husband at the hotel? And then the invitation to the spa, did you ever think that Zhan wanted to be alone with you?

Yibo was speechless. Was he really like that? Had he really treated Zhan so badly? Did he really not love Zhan as much as he thought he did? No, that can't be, he thought. What he felt for Zhan was love. More than that. For him, Zhan was his life. And when he thought about it, he had his focus on his family, yes. But not because he didn't love Zhan more or less.

He was just happy to have a family. And he was afraid of losing it again. He wanted to spend time with them, get to know them better, be close to them. To finally belong somewhere.

Sun Nie: And did you notice that you planned the family vacation with us and both times you didn't even think about Zhan? I mean, he's your family too, and yet you don't plan for him?

Yibo: It's very simple. For me it's a matter of course that he is part of it, I don't have to mention that or plan it. Zhan is my husband and when I'm on vacation, of course with him!

Sun Nie: Be honest! What does Zhan mean to you?

Yibo: He is my life! I love him more than anything and I don't want to lose him.

Sun Nie: Then stop acting like an idiot and give your husband the attention and love he deserves!

Yibo: What?

Sun Nie: I've always been waiting for you to say, "Not today, today I only have time for Zhan." No one would blame you. But you never said anything! So we had to assume you didn't love him. You never kiss him in our presence, you never hold him. There's nothing to suggest that you really love him! Think about how Zhan must feel!

For Yibo, this conversation was like a slap in the face and a hard wake-up call. He had given his family the benefit of the doubt because he didn't want to lose them anymore and in doing so had pushed away the person he wanted to lose even less. He had to straighten that out. He has to learn to turn off his fears and find a reasonable balance between his husband and his family.

In the afternoon Yibo sat alone in the living room, he had written a text message to Zhan asking him to get in touch with him. He wanted to talk to Zhan in peace. Zhan had written back to him saying that he wanted to talk to him as well, and as soon as possible.

An hour later, Zhan finally came home. Yibo wanted to take him in his arms and give him a kiss. But Zhan grabbed him hard by the wrist and pulled him into the bedroom with him (no not what you think haha). He threw Yibo's duffle bag on the bed and put his next to it. Zhan packed both clothes for them and Yibo stared at him.

Yibo: What is going on ZhanZhan?

Zhan: We have a new and important mission.

Yibo: What? When do we leave?

Zhan: As soon as we finish packing.

Yibo: What is the mission?

Zhan: You will find out when we are on the plane.

Zhan hurried to the office, got Yibo's passport, ran into the bathroom and packed Yibo's cosmetic items and brought everything back to the bedroom. He stowed it in Yibo's duffel bag and stared at the confused Yibo. "Go now. Get ready, we have to go soon!" Scolded Zhan.

Yibo dashed into the bathroom, freshened up a bit, then changed his clothes and went back into the living room where Zhan was already waiting for him. After Yibo had put on his jacket and shoes, both hurried downstairs. Where a car was already waiting for them. The agent drummed on his watch when he saw them. "About time." He said and immediately started the engine.

Yibo was completely lost and didn't understand anything anymore. A new mission? Zhan was just back and he hadn't finished his last mission and now they were to start a new mission together? Again and again he looked at Zhan who was absorbed in a file.

They didn't go to a regular airport, but to one of the military. The car stopped right in front of this huge military plane on the runway. Several soldiers were already waiting for them and urged them to hurry. Yibo, who was new to such missions, didn't know where the front and back was.

Zhan dragged him here and there, giving orders that Yibo couldn't do anything with. Talked to the pilot and finally even had to put on a parachute. When the plane took off, with loud booming and humming, Yibo felt completely out of breath, even though he was sitting.

Yibo: ZhanZhan? What is our mission?

Zhan: Shall I really tell you?

Yibo: Sure, after all I am your husband and partner.

Zhan: So? Is that so?

Yibo: Of course it's!

Zhan: Mhhh, can I believe you?

Yibo: ZhanZhan, you are my life, the person I love the most.

Zhan: Okay, if you say so.

Yibo: What is our mission?

Zhan: Saving our marriage!