Chapter 31. Zhan - The Hideout.

Yibo had spent two years instead of one in training with the KSK. He had been given a complete training. This usually took three years, and a concept had been developed especially for him so that he could learn everything within these two years.

Zhan had worked at the KSK during that time. It had been an exciting and varied time for him. But he still missed a job as a Special Agent and especially his home country.

Even unforeseen things happened. For example, Seo Joon and Jiang Cheng didn't get back together. Seo Joon had never forgiven Jiang Cheng. After six months in Germany he went back to South Korea where he met Hae Jin again. The two got closer again and even got married half a year later. They work together again as partners at their agency.

Jiang Cheng met his former Russian friend from Moscow in India again by chance. The two resumed their old relationship and now they are officially a couple. They live together in India. While Jiang Cheng does his duties as a Special Agent, his partner Piotre is a simple history teacher.

But there was also bad news that particularly affected Yibo. Tao Long, his instructor, partner and closest confidant, died of cancer seven months ago. Tao Long went for a routine check-up and it turned out that he had a particularly aggressive stomach cancer. For him, any help came too late. Only a few weeks after the diagnosis he had stomach bleeding and died shortly afterwards.

Zhan regretted not being able to carry out one last mission with him as planned. He had been looking forward to it and wondered over and over again what kind of mission this would be. Until he and Yibo had to appear for the reading of the last will.

"My last and most important mission I had with two of my best agents without their knowledge. Wang Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo. My personal mission was to bring them back together. Because I am convinced that these two belong together and can achieve a lot together. I will leave you my house, may it be as safe and warm to you as it has been to me." Were Tao Long's words in a video addressed to Zhan and Yibo.

The house that the two inherited from him was a cozy house on the outskirts of town in a quiet area. Over one hundred years old and well maintained, equipped with the newest security system. A surveillance room and a panic room.

During these two years, the gang of shadows has kept it in the background. So far, no one has been able to find out where they have their hideout and how many members this gang even has. But this changed quickly.

On the third of April Zhan and Yibo returned to their home in Beijing and only four days later the Shadows returned. Their message had been more than clear.

They murdered three young agents of the Black Agency in a public square at lunchtime. How they knew the identity of the men was completely unclear. Until this Mike once again contacted them personally. He used the media. He sent a video file to several TV stations. They broadcast his statement immediately, of course.

In it he told them that he had already been observing the Black Agency for more than two years. He knew exactly which people were coming and going. And if four special agents were not handed over to him, the names he did not mention, he would go on and kill one after the other.

However, he had made a mistake. Because while recording the video, he was sitting in front of a balcony. Thus the Black Agency was able to find out quite quickly where the shadows were and how many of them there were.

The hiding place of this gang was discovered. And they didn't even know it. They had no idea that the Black Agency, together with other secret organizations, was working together and watching this gang, consisting of twenty-nine men and women, at every turn.

Immediately after their return, Yibo was made a Special Agent and again became Zhan's partner. But because the Shadows were after them, they were not yet allowed to work. Instead, they were taken to the huge mansion where they had taken shelter before.

Zhan and Yibo had been against it, they wanted to help the Shadows catch this Mike in particular. Zhan had not forgotten a single day what the Shadow leader, this Mike, had done to Yu Bin and the other two agents. Nor had he forgotten that he beat Zoey to the hospital. Zhan had a score to settle with him and he wanted to settle it with him personally.

The only problem was that the Back Agency wouldn't let him do it.

As Zhan admitted to himself, it was just too dangerous. Because apparently this gang had even more helpers. Since Zhan and Yibo didn't come back on a passenger plane. They came back in a military plane. So the question was who could have told that they were back? Who's the mole?

And until this question could be answered, Zhan and Yibo had to be patient and stay in their hiding place. Their boss assured them that if the mole was known, or the moles, the two would be included.

The actual access to the hiding place of the Shadows had been planned for the twentieth of April. But this had to be postponed again, because half of the gang had not been there at that time. At first they believed, or assumed, that there was a mole in the agency, but it turned out that the Shadow leader, along with some of his men, had gone on vacation.

So they had to wait and see and make a new day. This was supposed to be the third of May, but even then they could not raise the hiding place. They didn't tell Zhan the reason for this. Another day was the ninth of May, and there was also no access because neither Mike nor his deputy were there. So they decided to do this spontaneously.

However, it was now June sixteenth and the Shadows were still at large, having killed thirteen agents in the past weeks and months. While Zhan and Yibo continued to remain inactive in their hiding place and had to wait.

"How much longer must we hide like rabbits in their hole?" Zhan angrily asked his boss when he came to visit her at the mansion.

"That's why I'm here. It seems they got wind of our plans. Because neither the leader nor a deputy has come back yet." Explained the boss Zhan and Yibo.

"What does that mean? Have you lost sight of them?" Asked Yibo angrily.

"No, but we want to catch them all together." Said the boss.

"Together? " If you know where those two assholes are, get them and get another team to take down their hideout." Said Zhan on it.

"That's what we're up to! We're gonna hit them on Wednesday." Said the boss.

Zhan hoped they would be included, but their boss immediately took away his hope. "Not until we get them." He said that defensively when Zhan wanted to protest.

"What about the mole? Any idea who it might be?" Asked Zhan in a rage.

"We know who the moles are and we have already taken care of them!" The Boss replied.

Zhan was about to ask who they were, when the alarm of the house was triggered.

It has become more of a summary. Phew, actually I wanted to take some time today to finish the book. But plans change quickly. I was instead helping a friend with her wallpapering and painting. I PLANE for tomorrow to update this and the other open story. Oh My Agent will hopefully finish tomorrow. So then I can devote myself to another idea for a book.