Chapter 29. Zhan - Gotcha!

For minutes there was silence in the small bedroom. It almost seemed as if nobody dared even breathe. Zhan and Seo Joon kept trying to spot the sniper.

They could see the laser light, but it was hard for them to pinpoint the exact spot. Since the mirror reflections made it even harder for them.

Zhan concentrated, closed his eyes for a moment and then opened them again. He quickly searched the windows and roofs of the houses opposite. And then he saw him. On the fourth floor at a window just across the street. "Gotcha!" He said.

"Yibo, come here." Ordered Zhan. Yibo crawled towards him and crouched next to Zhan. Zhan showed him where the shooter was. He put Yibo's hands on the rifle and aimed with him.

"You see him?" Asked Zhan.

"Yes, I see him!" Yibo responded nervously.

"Do you think you can shoot him?" Zhan wanted to know.

Yibo looked at Zhan nervously and questioningly.

"Never lose sight of the target." Warned Zhan.

Yibo looked through the scope again and finally nodded.

"Then shoot!" Ordered Zhan.

Yibo put his finger on the trigger and took a closer look at the target.

"Be careful, the gun has a violent recoil." Explained Zhan.

Yibo nodded again and slowly pushed the trigger backwards. Contrary to what he had expected, there was no bang but a hiss. The recoil of the gun would have taken him off his legs if Zhan hadn't stabilized him.

"He got him!" Said Seo Joon.

"Good job Yibo." Said Zhan and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Yibo's hands were obviously shaking, but he also seemed proud. It was not the first time Yibo held a gun and pulled the trigger. Zhan remembered exactly what happened at the bridge. And even in the field he had fired a shot or two. But this was different.

Because now this was not a handgun, but a weapon for a sniper.

All the weapon training of the last weeks and also the one with Tao Long seemed to have made Yibo a really good shooter. Zhan was proud of him. He didn't want to make Yibo a killer, but he had to learn that this job sometimes required it. And the shooter wouldn't hesitate to shoot them all.

"There's another one." Seo Joon whispered and pointed to the roof.

Yibo grabbed the gun and looked through the scope. But this time he wasn't sure he could meet. All that could be seen of the target was his head.

"Jiang Cheng, have you called the HQ? Asked Zhan.

Jiang Cheng stood up for a moment and the next moment something hissed and slammed into the wall behind Jiang Cheng.

"That asshole almost got you. Lay down you idiot! It's not your first time." Seo Joon hissed.

Zhan took his gun again, positioned it and aimed at his target. Yibo held him by the hips.

"This one is definitely more experienced than the other." Bleated Seo Joon, who always missed the target.

Zhan watched his target closely. Another bullet flew in through the open window. Zhan turned around and stared at Jiang Cheng, who, however, had not moved.

"He's trying to scare us." Said Zhan to warn the others.

"This guy's not using a laser pointer. That would make it easier." Said Seo Joon.

"Then look for the reflection of his scope." Zhan replied.

Zhan took a deep breath in and out. "Gotcha!" He said, pulling the trigger on his gun. One shot went off and something shot out of the shooter's head.

"Hammer shot. Right in the forehead." Praised Seo Joon.

The two shooters were down, but they didn't know if there was anyone else. So they stayed in their respective positions until a Black Agency unit showed up and secured the area.

They all gave their report to the agent on duty and he told them that the two shooters had been identified. They were members of the Shadows.

Zhan had already thought of something like that. He cursed because they found out where they were hiding so quickly. Now they would have to find another hiding place.

"By the way, Wang Yibo's place was broken into and searched. They did a good job. A neighbor called the police today when he noticed the break-in Agents immediately went out looking for clues. But nothing was found in the chaos." Declared the agent on duty.

It had been clear to Zhan that they were going to find out who Yibo was. And he was glad that Yibo was with him and not at his home.

"Boss says we should take you to the mansion." Said the agent on duty after he made a quick phone call.

The mansion was well known to Zhan. Not only is it secluded, it's kind of a safe house. Completely guarded, with a safe room, armory, and a hidden underground passage that, if necessary, led to another hiding place.

State-of-the-art security technology, bug-proof rooms, voice-encoded safe zones. In short, this mansion was prepared for just about anything. Sometimes they would house politicians or VIPs if their lives were in danger. And now it would protect Zhan, Yibo, Seo Joon and Jiang Cheng

They quickly packed their things, one suitcase each, and then they took themselves downstairs. Surrounded by the other Black Agency agents, they reached the bulletproof black SUVs. Zhan and Yibo in one, Seo Joon and Jiang Cheng in the other.

It took them about an hour to drive to the huge mansion. It reminded Zhan a little bit of the villa they brought him to when he started working for the Black Agency. Only the villa was not nearly as modern.

They entered the villa, had to leave handprints with the agent on the even shift. Voice recordings were taken and their eyes scanned. Then the agent told him who was going to sleep in which room.

When the agent told Zhan to sleep in room nine and Yibo in room twelve, Yibo made a protest. "I sleep with my husband!" Bitched to Yibo.

The agent immediately turned red in the face, apologized and gave them room seven. Since this has a double bed. He also showed them the armory and how to open it. He took them to the security room, showed them the tap-proof rooms and the access to the secret passage in the basement.

"I think we'll call it a day. It's been a long and exciting night and we really need to get some sleep." Said Zhan, who could see that Yibo was at the end of his rope. This was all a little too much for him.

The agent explained that he is in the surveillance room and if anything happened, he would give the alarm. Then he decided the four of them and they could go to their rooms.

Jiang Cheng watched after Seo Joon as he goes in his own room. Zhan could think that Jiang Cheng would like to stay at Seo Joon's place and knew that he would like to stay there, but he also knew Seo Joon . He would be angry with Jiang Cheng for quite some time. Because Seo Joon was very resentful about some things.

Zhan and Yibo went to their room and as soon as Zhan had closed the door he found himself in a firm embrace of Yibo. "ZhanZhan, I'm so glad I have you." He said, slumping down. Zhan brought Yibo to the bed and put him in it. "Sleep well, my ice prince. I love you." He said and then went to bed as well.

" He said and then went to bed as well