t w e l v e

Depuis le début

"Let's do that," I nodded, tearing my eyes away from his muscular body and onto the fridge, where a copy of my photo shoot schedule was magneted.

"But we've got to be done before 8:00 pm, I've got a shoot," I scanned the schedule, before glancing at him.

Harry nodded obediently, before asking "Why would they schedule a shoot at night?"

"I'll be doing a little skit," I explained, not spilling much as my contract ordered me to, as he followed my out of the kitchen.

"Stay right here, I'll be back," I told him, before racing upstairs to get ready for the day. I had taken a quick shower and done all the necessary things in seconds.

I walked out, draped into a towel, as I flubs my closet door open and let my fingers skim the different materials.

I pulled out a yellow spaghetti strapped top   and light-faded jean shorts.

I kept my makeup simple, as it was a causal day out, and grabbed my sunglasses. I brushed my hair neatly, deciding against tying it. I stuffed my phone and wallet in my pockets, and completed the summery look with flip flops.

I descended the staircase, smiling a little upon hearing Harry's familiar deep chuckle.

"What are you-" I started to ask, when I had reached the sofa where we were sitting earlier, but stopped mid sentence.

He was holding a photo album that my parents had kept of me and my siblings when we were younger.

"You look rather adorable," Harry laughed, pointing at a picture of a 2 year old, who was flashing a wide smile at the camera, even though there was a path of baby food running down her chin.

Sure enough, the picture had 'Kendall (2 years old) ' written next to it.

I laughed, as I sat next to Harry, flipping through my embarrassing childhood pictures.

"We should get going," I spoke, after the long silence that followed flipping the last page on the album.

"Right," Harry nodded, getting up and returning the album to the bookcase to where he had found it.

"After you," He held the front door open for me, just as I had appeared after turning the security system on.

I playfully curtsied, walking out the door, followed by Harry, shutting the door behind him.

We walked to the driveway, appreciating the good weather, not a word exchanged between us.

He unlocked his car and I got in the shotgun seat, shutting the doors at the same time. He backed out of the driveway and into the road.

"So," He smiles briefly at me, before turning his gaze to the road.

"Do..do they know?" I bluntly asked, looking at Harry's reaction.

He had a confused look on his face, before it had dawned on him. His features relaxed, but you could still feel the tension in the car.

"No, they don't know that we used to date back in high school, if that's what you're asking," Harry spoke, with no emotion audible in his voice, as he narrowed his gaze to the road.

"I-never mind," I started to speak, but caught myself in time. I didn't want to ruin the day for any of us, nor have a breakdown, so I decided to forget the whole conversation.

We had small talks during the ride, laughing about Irene's nasal voice, or talking about the songs that were playing on the radio, but nothing personal.

"Here we are," He pulled over into a mansion's driveway.

I hopped out of the car, my flip flops crunching the gravel and pebbles beneath me with each step, followed by Harry.