Chapter Forty- Two

Kade

This party is insane, there has to be at least a few hundred people here. Derick, Gage, and I have been waiting for the girls to show up for a little while but we knew they would be running a little behind because of the photo shoot so we have been keeping ourselves busy playing beer pong. The other team only has two cups left while we have all of ours still standing when I see Ashlyn pushing her way through the crowd so I use my throw to launch the ping pong ball at her so she could find us. My aim is spot on when it makes contact with her shoulder. Her immediate reaction causes a scowl to cross her face but she quickly laughs it off when she sees where it came from and heads our way. I keep expecting to see my girl behind her but she is nowhere to be found. I start to worry that she hated the costume and refused to come until Ashlyn greets us.

"Hey guys! Phoebe had to run back to the car she will be here in a minute, I just texted her to find the beer pong tables. Oh and she looks smoking hot!"

"My baby looks hot in everything, but she is sexiest in nothing." I reply instantly causing me to receive a high five from my twin.

"Hell yeah she is. I'm ready to see her in what we picked out but I'm looking more forward to peeling it off her later." Gage laughs.

"Guys. I know you three go at it all the time but I don't think I can listen to y'all talk about stripping her. It's just weird." Derick sighs as he shakes his head and his body physically twitches.

His reaction causes us all to break out in laughter and turn our full attention back to the game at hand. Within minutes the game is finished up and we have started another round. We demolish the next team and move onto another game. As the other team is getting their cups sorted, I pull my phone out to see if I have a message from Phoebe since we haven't seen her yet. There is nothing so I have Gage check his, as well as everyone else and when we realize no one has heard from her we head out towards the parking lot to look for her.

When we reach where Ashlyn's said her car was parked we see that it's no longer there. Phoebe just wouldn't ditch us without saying anything unless there was an emergency and if there was an emergency Derick would have been called. Something is up. I quickly pull out my cell and call her. While the others trying texting her again. The first call goes to voicemail so I try again and this time the call in answered but not by Phoebe.

"Hello Kade. How are you tonight my sweetie?" A very familiar high pitcher voice answers.

"Alison? Why do you have Phoebe's phone?" I question as Gage's head snaps towards me at the mention of her name.

"I have her phone because I have her. She wouldn't listen to me and leave you two alone. I know that you both love me but she is stopping you from realizing it. Don't worry, I'm going to take care of her so all three of us can have our happy ending."

Her words send a streak of fear through me. She has finally gone off the deep end with her obsession. She kidnapped Phoebe and is going to do god know what to her. I snatch Gage's phone from his hand and type out a message telling him Alison took Phoebe and that he needs to call the police and report it. I also snatch Ashlyn's phone and type out for her to call her mom and have the tracker activated in her car. Thank god her parents insisted on buying her a brand new car. The tracking chip that comes included might us save my baby. I do all this while trying to talk Alison into bringing Phoebe back.

"Alison, what are you doing? Bring her back here. We have already told you over and over  that we don't feel that way about you. I'm sorry we just don't. Bring Phoebe back to the party and we will forget this ever happened." I beg.

"No! She ruined everything. She stole you two and I want you back! You two are mine! I warned her. I even brought Alec back to split y'all up but it hasn't worked so now I'm going to take care of it myself! Don't worry. It won't be long now and no one will be in our way. Goodbye sweetie." Alison replies before cutting the call.

When I realize the line has gone dead, I immediately turn to everyone else and see the panic in their faces. Gage is on the phone with the police trying to get them to believe him and Ashlyn is waiting on her mom to turn the tracker on. After what seems like an eternity the tracker has been turned on and Ashlyn's mom gives us the address of an abandoned warehouse not far from us. I yell at gage to relay the address to the cops and tell them that if they won't help our girl we are going to save her. I yank my keys out of my pocket and run to our car with everyone hot on my heels.

I weave through traffic recklessly as I push my gas pedal to the floor. I need to get to Phoebe. I need to help her. As we pull up to the warehouse that Ashlyn's car has been tracked to I slam the car into park and don't even bother turning it off before I'm out and running towards the door with everyone behind me. Just as I pull the door open, I hear a gun go off followed by the most horrific scream imaginable. I run into the warehouse and find my baby laying on the floor unconscious covered in blood with Alison laying next to her not moving and Alec standing over her. I immediately wrap her up in my arms as Gage tackles Alec to the floor and Derick holds Ashlyn up from collapsing from the scene in-front of her.

My only focus is trying to find where the blood is coming from. Phoebes shirt is soaked and becoming more saturated as the seconds pass. I finally find the wound on her side and lay her down to apply pressure. The bleeding is slowing when I hear sirens and see lights. I know someone called for help or the police finally took us seriously once we said we were going to save her. Within seconds of seeing the lights two men are prying me off of my girl and my replacing me in trying to save her. They quickly put her on a stretcher and load her into the ambulance before I have time to process what happened.

Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn to see my brother with tears streaming down his face just as he slams his body into mine. As his arms wrap around me the adrenaline wears off and I break down. What if we didn't get to her in time? What if she doesn't make it? God please let her be okay.