Chapter Twenty- Eight

Kade

As Phoebe drifts off to sleep between us, I can't help but smile. Everything with her is different. When we shared girls in the past, we only ever had sex with them together; we never cuddled or just slept in the bed with them. Hell neither one of us let a girl sleep with us at all before, but with her I enjoy this as much as I do being inside her. I listen to her slow even breathing and pull her back closer to my chest as I close my eyes and let sleep come but I don't stay asleep long. I wake up because I am beyond hot. I pull the covers off and go to move away from Phoebe and Gage when I realize that it's not me causing the inferno in the bed, it's Phoebe. Her body is on fire, her hair is stuck to her forehead with sweat but she is shivering at the same time. I reach over and place my hand of her forehead and realize that she has a fever.

"Gage. Wake up." I whisper as I move from the bed.

"What do you want Kade?" He snaps back grumpily.

"Phoebe is sick. She is burning up with a fever. We have to get her up to take medicine and a cool shower to break it." I reply trying to be patient with him since I just woke him but he jolts up and turns towards our girl to touch her when I finish my sentence.

"I'm gonna got get the medicine. Wake her up and get her into the shower." I instruct as I pull on the basketball shorts I left laying on the floor.

I head downstairs to the kitchen to get what I need and bump into Thomas as I turn to get back upstairs.

"Sorry Thomas. Didn't see you." I rush out.

"It's fine Kade. Got a headache?" He asks, nodding his head towards the bottle I'm carrying.

"No. Phoebe is sick. She woke me up with how hot she was." I reply.

"Yeah when we got back from the store the three of you were curled up together asleep. It was surprising....." Thomas speaks.

"Sorry. We shouldn't have slept in her bed with her. I know Linda isn't very comfortable with what we having going on yet. We didn't mean to offend anyone." I cut him off and look down to the floor to avoid meeting his eyes.

"Kade look at me." Thomas orders and I do.

"Let me finish speaking before interrupting next time son. It was surprising for Linda to see how comfortable you three were wrapped around each other. I've always known you two would probably end up with the same girl, you've shared everything since I've known you but Linda doesn't know you two like I do. She is just worried Phoebe will end up hurting because people can be harsh and what you three have isn't conventional. She wants to protect her, just like I want to protect Derick and you boys. Finding you three wrapped together and asleep after everything that happened today seemed to give Linda some kind of peace about the relationship." He finished in the softest voice I've ever heard come from him.

I don't know what to say so I just nod my head and smile. He pats my shoulder and moves past me to the fridge as I go to walk out of the kitchen. Right before I'm out he calls my name again and I turn to face him once more as he begins to speak in a serious tone.

"I remember what it was like to be a teenage boy Kade, sometimes your brain isn't the one controlling your body. I'm not going to have the whole safe sex talk with you because I know you boys have been, active, for a while now but I am going to tell you to be careful. The three of you have more access to each other than normal."

"Yes sir." I reply while nodding my head once again.

"Thank you. Now go give Phoebe some fever reducer. I'll tell Linda she needs to make a doctors appointment for her tomorrow."

I turn on my heels and head upstairs. By the time I manage to make it back, Gage is helping a very pale looking Phoebe dry her hair while she sits on the toilet in fresh pajamas.

"What took so long man?" He asks

"I ran into Thomas." I reply. Gage raises his eyebrows and just looks at me.

"I'll explain later. Let's just get our girl back to bed." I sigh while opening the ibuprofen.

I take out the correct dose and squat down to hand them to Phoebe, along with a water bottle. When I place them in her hand, she looks up at me and gives a weak smile before taking them.

Once her hair is dry, we help Phoebe climb back into bed and follow quickly behind her as she tries to protest.

"You guys are gonna get sick too. I'm okay. You can go sleep somewhere else."

"Princess, we have been all over you today. We fucked you together after we left school and then Kade took you again after dinner. We have been exposed to whatever you have." Gage reasons as he settles down. A slight blush runs to her cheeks when he pulls her closer to him.

"Exactly. Now get comfy and go back to sleep. You need rest. We aren't going anywhere." I agree and reach to turn the bedside lamp off.

"Fine." She huffs curling into Gage and grabbing my arm to wrap it under her boobs. Within minutes she is back asleep with me and Gage following right behind her.