Chapter One

Phoebe

Pulling up to her new house Phoebe sighed. She didn't want to move to this little town, she didn't want a new school, and she certainly didn't want a new family. She had tried to convince her mom that getting eloped was a mistake, but nothing she said worked; her mother was in love. Which has lead her to sitting outside of a huge house in a U-haul truck while her mother excitedly chirped away.

"You will love it here Phoebe. Thomas and his son are sweet, the house is amazing, and you have never had a problem making friends. Come on let's go inside" she said.

"Yeah, sure, whatever you say" I replied grumpily while stepping out of the truck and grabbing my bag.

As we approached the house I saw the front door swing open to reveal a tall blonde haired man standing next to a smaller teenage version of himself. When mom said that Thomas and his son, Derick, looked identical I hadn't believed her but now I saw she wasn't exaggerating. Thomas quickly walked out the front door and wrapped my mother into a hug and pulled away with a kiss.

"Hello, it's nice to finally meet the girl I have heard so much about. I'm Thomas and that is Derick, he will show you the rooms you have to choose from" as he leaned down to hug me. I quickly side stepped, pushed my arms out and walked towards the door.

" Nice to meet you too, but I don't do hugs" I said looking back over my shoulder. When I reached the door I looked at my new step-brother and tried to not immediately hate him. Derick was the stereotype of a jock. He was tall, muscular, had wide shoulders, and wore a cocky grin.

"I was told you were supposed to show me my room" I state coldly.

" Actually I'm supposed to show you the rooms you can choose from, there are three" he replied, dropping the grin, and turning to head into the house and up the stairs.

As we walked in I immediately understood that this family had money. This house was huge! I would probably get lost in it before I figured out where everything was. After looking around for a minute, I followed Derick up the stairs and down a hallway with four doors, two on each side.

"This is my room" he said as he pointed to the first door on the left. "The other three rooms are empty and you can have any of them, each set of rooms is linked by a bathroom though. And I'm assuming you don't wanna share a bathroom with me, so I suggest you choose one of those two" gesturing to the right side of the hallway wearing that cocky grin again.

"Yeah, I don't wanna share a bathroom with you. Thanks for the tour. See ya around" is the only response he gets as I walk towards the second bedroom on the right and enter it. As soon as the door closes my head spins. The room is painted a light shade of purple, two dressers are lining one wall, a vanity sits on the other next to the walk in closet, and a king size bed sits in the middle of the last wall. This is my dream room. How did they know I was gonna pick this one, I think to myself as I drop my bag on one dresser, slip my flip flops off and climb into my new bed. Within a few minutes I drift off to sleep not bothering to ask if they needed help moving stuff in.