Chapter Thirty- One

Gage

Today has been a living hell. Every time we turn a corner, Alec is there. It's like he has a tracker on us. As much as Phoebe is trying to act like it's not bothering her, I can tell she is frustrated. Her legs have bounced all day. She has looked back over her shoulder a couple of times and every time someone mentions the new boy in a conversation she slightly flinches. I have tried to talk her into leaving but she refuses. When the last bell of the day rings, I let out a breath. Finally I can get her out of here.

The car ride home is silent. Every time we try to talk to Phoebe she just grunts or shakes her head.  By the time we pull up to her house I'm ready to take her over my knee and spank some sense into her but before I can get of the car she has dashed to her room and locked us out.

"Baby, please let us in?" Kade coos.

No reply.

"Please. Come on. I know it's been rough today. Let's talk." Kade tries again.

No reply.

"Phoebe." Kade whispers as he leans his head against the door in defeat, while I pace the hallway.

"Fuck this." I say and stomp off to Derrick's room.

When I get there I start shuffling around in his desk drawer looking for his key ring. The lock on his door and her door have the same key. Once I find it she is going to get it. She can't lock us out. She belongs to us. After a couple of minutes of moving stuff around I finally just pull the drawer off the track and dump it upside down on the floor. The keys land with a thud and I grab them before stomping back to her door.

Kade is sitting there on the floor just looking at me when I knock on the door hard.

"This is your last chance to let us in Phoebe. Kade asked nicely. I know you are upset. I know you need to process but you don't get to shut us out. Let us in or I'll break in."

No reply.

Fine. I unlock the door, swing it open, and immediately freeze in my tracks. Phoebe is on her bed with her head buried against her knees, sobbing harder than I could ever imagine possible. All my anger drains from my body immediately. I knew today had affected her but not to this extent.

I slowly walk to the bed and sit down so that her knees meet my chest. When I make contact with her legs, she lets them fall and scoots up so we are chest to chest. My princess buried her head into my neck as my arms wrap around her. Just as I settled into our hug, Kade slips behind her and lays his head against her back. I don't know how long we sat like that but I know Phoebe cried herself to sleep with us holding her.

"I'm going to make him wish he was never born." I whisper after she was asleep.

"Do you think fighting him is going to help her Gage? Because it's not. It's going to make her more of a target for him. Didn't you see that he got off on making her uncomfortable earlier? We need to keep them apart. Not fight him." Gage sighs and lifts his head to make eye contact with me.

" I don't want her to hurt."

"Me either. Let her rest. We will figure something out together."

We shift around until she is laying down with us wrapped around her just like she likes. I don't care what I have to do, I'm going to protect her from that snake.