Chapter Thirty

Phoebe

Walking into school after missing a week feels weird. I'm glad to be back but since walking in the front doors a few minutes ago, I have felt like something
is off. I can't put my finger on what it is. I know that I completed all my makeup work and that we aren't late but something is nagging me. I decide to let it go as our little group of five walks into the first class of the day and settle into our seats. Class is going fine and we are about to start an experiment when there is a loud knock at the door.

"Come in." Our teacher speaks loudly.

As the door open everyone looks up to see what is going on as a new student walks in the door and I immediately freeze. No. No. No. This can't be happening. Alec can not be walking into my class right now. Why is he here? My face must have shown the panic running through my brain because Kade and Gage both lay a hand on each of my thighs as they ask me what's wrong in unison.

"Alec. That's Alec." I whisper.

"The idiot that cheated on you?" Kade growls and I shake my head yes.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Gage huffs.

"No clue but it can't be good." Is my reply, just as Alec makes eye contact with me and smirks.

Our teacher introduces him and sends him over to join another group. We start on the experiment and I try to ignore him but I can literally feel him watching me. Kade and Gage have done nothing but send death glares his way since he sat down. When the bell rings, I dash from the room with the twins right behind me. We make it to the end of the hallway before I hear my name.

"Phoebe. Wait we need to talk." Alec says as he grabs my backpack and pulls me backwards causing me to almost fall. The only reason I'm still on my feet is because the boys each grabbed one of my arms.

"Let her go." Gage speaks angrily as Kade and him step between me and Alec.

"I said I needed to talk to Phoebe not to either of you." Alec sighs.

"She doesn't wanna talk to you." Kade replies as all three of them glare at each other.

"Phoebe call off the bodyguards."

"They aren't bodyguards. They are my boyfriends." I finally speak.

"So the rumors are true. I guess it makes sense. You need four hands to handle all of that body. Two would never be enough, it's too big. Do they even know who I am?" Alec spits.

"Watch your damn mouth!" Gage yells and steps towards Alec but I grab his arm.

"Alec go away. I don't know why you are here and I don't care why you are here. Stay away from us and we will stay away from you. Everything I needed to say to you has already been said." I say in a calm voice.

"But I didn't say what I needed to say to you. You don't get to end things and then never speak to me again. We were together for months."

"Yes I do! Especially when you stick your dick into another girl! There is nothing you can say to me that has any importance. Let's go boys." I snap and spin on my heels to walk away.

"Are you okay baby?" Kade asks.

"Yeah. Just confused. I don't wanna deal with it right now. Thanks for protecting me though."

"Anytime princess." Gage replies and leans down to kiss me. When he pulls away Kade leans down for one too.

"Come on guys. Let's go. This day isn't going to wait on us." I sigh.

God I hope this day goes by fast, and I hope I don't have to see Alec again. Him being here is fishy. Something is up and I'm going to get to the bottom of it.