Chapter Sixteen.

Phoebe

I look at myself in the mirror one last time to make sure everything is in place. My dress fit perfectly. My black heels gave me just a couple extra inches.  I did simple makeup on my eyes but decided on a bold dark lip to go with my dress. I wore only a single necklace but it fell perfectly into the cleavage the dress gave me. My hair was down and I had taken the time to actually give my curls some structure instead of just letting it do it's own thing. I was satisfied with my appearance and just hoped the twins would like it.

"Honey come on. The boys are here!" My mom yelled up with stairs.

"Coming!" I yell back and I grab my pea coat and overnight bag off the bed as I head out of my room.

As I walk down the stairs I can hear Thomas, my mom, Kade, and Gage talking so I decide to stop and listen.

"Thank you for taking my Phoebe to the dance." My mom chirps happily.

"We are happy to do it." I hear Kade reply.

"She is fun to be around." Gage added.

"She's a good girl. Now boys I know she is staying at your house tonight. I expect both of you to be gentlemen. I also expect her to sleep in a spare room, alone." Thomas says protectively.

"Oh Thomas, stop. I don't think it's like that. I mean why would both of them be taking her, if it was." My mom scolds.

If she only knew I thought to myself standing there. She would probably lock me in my room if she found out what I was doing with them. But it seems Thomas wasn't as naive as her. Then again he had know the twins their whole lives. He had to have seen them with the same girl at some point, but I wasn't gonna let myself worry about that. I had enough on my plate for tonight. I start walking down the stairs again and when I reach the bottom the twins turn to look at me. Gage's eyes roam me up and down, while Kade's eyes get stuck on my cleavage. The looks on their faces make it clear that I made a good choice with the dress.

"You look beautiful Phoebe." My mom squeals. "Here let's take a couple of pictures before you go."

"Mom, I don't think that's necessary." I say trying to get out the door.

"Please Phoebe. This is the second dance you have gone to in all three years of high school." My mom begs.

"Okay. Just a couple." I say giving in. The quicker we take these pictures the closer I am to getting out the door.

"Yay! Kade come stand next to her on the stairs. You can go first, then Gage, and then all three of you in one ." She instructs as we move around.

Fifteen minutes and what feels like a million pictures later, we are walking out the door. When we get to the car, Kade puts my bag in the trunk while Gage opens my door and walks around to the drivers seat.

"Trading places tonight?" I ask when he sits down.

"Yes princess." He answers. "You're mom was right, you do look beautiful tonight."

"Yes you do." Kade agrees.

"Thank you. You both look amazing in your suits." I reply with a blush. And with that Gage starts the car and we head towards the school.